Recent Posts

by N6GQ, 15 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 15 Views: 133

Huky IR burner issue

I just filled the tank, so there's one thing - didn't fix the problem. Next is the regulator. Can I use any old regulator, or does this stove require a certain type of regulator?
by boren, 17 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 14 Views: 607

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

Is the flow rate display in the app easy to read? I have the Timemore Black Mirror Nano and the flow rate display updates too frequently (about 10 times per second), making it difficult to read while pulling the shot
by cibby, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 430 Views: 58127

Lagom P100

Where can I read up on the different p100 burr options? I got a little confused reading a post on the Kafatek forum. It seemed to suggest that at some point there was a 98 SSP HU burr that was renamed by SSP to LU, and they offered a new version of the HU burrs that I presume are what
by baldheadracing, 27 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 805 Views: 82146

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Not sure why you're asking, but note that grinding on the Apex at its finest setting is, to me, unbearably slow. (The grind speed on the Apex varies noticeably; coarser is faster, finer is slower. The adjustment on the Apex ranges from +9 clicks (coarsest) to -9 clicks (finest), where 0 is the mid-point of the adjuster. The finest
by cebseb, 50 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 31

Baskets for Decent DE1

I usually use an 18g dose for my espresso and pourover. The baskets I use are 20g VST baskets for the 18g dose. It leaves enough room to allow a puck screen to be used above the puck. I also do Sprovers for my pourovers using the Sprover Alpha profile. I still use an 18g dose, but the grinds are
by bringyoutomyhell, 56 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4434 Views: 336173

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Agreed, I never had a good shot anywhere but at home with the Robot
by don giovanni, 58 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 12 Views: 432

Buying a Niche Zero in the US

Thanks Doug. A week. Wow i was thinking of a month
by IamOiman, Today, 11:56 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 58

1976 La San Marco Tipo 75 two group

I ran into a really, really bad problem for one of the groups during disassembly. First off I was getting the valves apart along with the other grouphead without issues. The valves allow the pipes to swivel, and are compressed by two conical teflon gaskets and a spring to keep the seal. There was a lot of grease on
by ojaw, Today, 11:44 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4434 Views: 336173

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Well I've had 3rd wave and whatever came after it in New York, Seattle, Portland and London and they were all sh** to me. I might be a plebe but my flow, beans and the Robot make me a happy plebe
by doug_m, Today, 11:36 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 12 Views: 432

Buying a Niche Zero in the US

Shipping notification from Niche on June 22, delivered by UPS on June 28