Recent Posts

by jrham12, 6 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 80

Looking to purchase an ECM Synchronika

Not surprising that they would say that as I thought the ECM / Profitec flow control devices were a WLL exclusive for the US market... Naturally they will caution you against installing something they don't offer... Lol! I've had my synchronika for almost 2 years now and still love it! I have had to perform a couple minor "fixes" so...
by SteveRhinehart, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 8 Views: 574

Sanremo X-ONE

In 2015 and 2017, they showed their working prototypes for the Revo grinders. I wrote about them in 2017 here: {link} At that time, the Revo did use Acaia weighing tech inside. I don't believe that is the case any more. They also appear to have ditched the ad hoc blending idea in favor of having more straightforward dosing from...
by thirdcrackfourthwave, 24 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 29 Views: 4128

Green Coffee Sources List - 2021

Correct link for Mr. Green Beans is {link} Thanks for the list, it is helpful.
by patrickff, 34 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 10 Views: 525

Ryan (IamOiman) joins Team HB

Well deserved. I hope this fascination for old machines never goes away.
by baristainzmking, 48 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 10 Views: 179

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

This certainly was an unexpected gift and an addition to my growing coffee collection. Lol. I feel there will be quite a bit of a learning curve, but I am up for a challenge and my hubby is so excited about his gift. Lol. I have heard about the Fellini move and about the need to grind coarser. About bleeding...
by djbetterly, Today, 3:41 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 10

Artisan Events / Offset / Factor

Hello, I'm trying to input an offset into Artisan, but its only letting me do whole numbers, has anyone had any luck with that? I tried multiplying the offset and factor by 10 to get a whole number, but that doesn't seem to work either. Thank you, Dustin
by mbbrew, Today, 3:41 pm in Coffees
Replies: 6 Views: 296

Light roast coffee for pour-over, how long do you wait.

Rao actually had a post on his instagram about this with some good discussion in the comments. I personally find it to vary wildly from coffee, but I generally don't like anything within the first week. I've had some stuff that peaks after about 2 weeks and some that seems to just keep getting better. Sometimes if I've got a...
by mbbrew, Today, 3:18 pm in Coffees
Replies: 356 Views: 22021

Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking?

Not based in Canada, but ordered some Rogue Wave because I was looking for someone in North America roasting Laurina and really liked all of the coffees I got from them. They've got some unique stuff like Ninety Plus small batches and I enjoy their omniroast level for both filter and espresso. The Catiope was one of the wilder tasting...
by IamOiman, Today, 3:13 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 514

1953 Gaggia Classica 1 Group

Some more cleaning was done today, this time for the big panels. All I did is dunk the pieces in citric acid for about 30 minutes, then rinsed and wiped them off. You can see the wear and scratches on some pieces with the right light but honestly I am super chuffed at how much better the chrome turned out...
by mbbrew, Today, 3:13 pm in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 6 Views: 190

Stagg X vs XF

I bought the XF on accident instead of the X. I mixed up which was which. When I'm brewing for two people I use their filters and use a Kalita 155 or 185 filter if I am brewing for just myself. I would think if you typically drink 15g of coffee at a time that the X would be much...