Recent Posts

by chanty 77, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 80

Lelit Victoria question/possible problem

From what I am gathering, making 3 espressos with 2 doubles in each drink (so 6 doubles) one after the other is a lot of work on a single boiler because the boiler has to continue to bring in water to heat up. I get that it isn't a huge boiler at 300ml, yet my Gaggia Classic boiler at 100ml...
by spopinski, 24 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 25

Eureka Mignon MCI

You can set it to 9 grams and dose twice..
by Eiern, 27 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 167

Bang for the buck 98mm flat burr grinder for filter.

I think he is referring to machined SSP 98mm burrs, which is best for espresso, not filter. I would personally not buy an expensive 98mm High Uniformity burrs grinder intended for filter use.
by tinay09, 39 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1473 Views: 124004

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Hi! i about to get my Bianca (tomorrow) and would really like inouts on power draw. -Has anyone tested the max power draw? 220v units -Would the 2 boilers work at the same time or one after the other since both boilers are 1400w each. -I'm in the Philippines and concerned if I need to do anything special on my...
by Vlad, Today, 1:45 am in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 25

Eureka Mignon MCI

Hi folks, I got a Eureka Mignon MCI. I'm very happy about the setup, but I've not managed to pull a decent espresso shot under Timer settings, and I'm wondering if it's my grinder setting is the problem. For a double shot, i trying to grind 18 grams of coffee but even under max timer time (16sec) I'm able to...
by erik82, Today, 1:38 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 40 Views: 862

Value Of A Bottomless Portafilter In Developing Skill?

Those thinner ears can be a big problem. Due to pressure buildup the portafilter will come out eventually and then you'll have a red hot missile flying through your kitchen. I think most experienced (Home)barista have had this happen at one time and it's pretty dangerous (wrong portafilter or not tightenng it enough).
by ronncat, Today, 1:37 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 52

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

Will definitely use PID for warm up. I did this with my Quest and Artisan. Now... if I get real lazy, I might just have to automate the entire roast session
by ronncat, Today, 1:35 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 52

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

Good catch. I hastily composed this thread during my lunch today. Should have referred to the gas pressure in mbar and not PSI
by jdawg11, Today, 1:32 am in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 167

Question for Mazzer-Doserless owners

Hi thanks everyone! I'm new and couldn't check replies properly but this is all super helpful. @lessthanjoey that's exactly my question/use case so thank you! I'm glad to hear it can work and definitely see how the blower could get messy... @ethiopianbuffman you've hit it on the head for me, the workflow seems better on the DF64. I think I...
by gimpy, Today, 1:16 am in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4 Views: 74

The Espresso Smoothie

What syrup flavoring did you use? Caramel? Vanilla? Or?