Recent posts

by chappcc
2 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 120

Izzo Alex Leva pressure relief valve blew. What next?

I experienced the pressure relief valve opening on a few occasions. In my case, the SSR was failing, allowing the machine to overheat. After replacing it, the machine operates normally
by fruitfly
4 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 338
Views: 39702

Odyssey Argos owner experience

I did just push harder on the lever this morning and got 36ml each time
by fruitfly
6 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 410
Views: 23115

Blind shaker better than WDT??

The optimum for me is to grind into the portafilter using a funnel, then take off the funnel and replace it with a dosing cup and shake. For me, no taste difference with less cleanup, and no brushing grounds from blind shaker
by ari-gato
11 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 4
Views: 47

Breville Dual Boiler

Jeff are you suggesting just using RO water or use RO water with the rpavlis? Sorry I just want to be clear for myself. Then I guess i need to go find the ingredients and use it if you are suggesting rpavlis. Right now I'm just using RO
by godlyone
11 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 90

Help me figure out this model Astoria Argenta - AEP/2N

Yes the pressure stat should just be left at regular steaming pressure 1.5 bar or so It is a heat exchanger machine (please read about this) so by definition the temperature at idle in the heat exchanger will be too hot (at boiling) so you need to do a cooling flush before pulling a shot "HX Love -
by stoned_survival
16 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 427
Views: 42589

Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion

Hi, I recently acquired a Mahlkonig vta 6st. It has 120mm brew steel burrs. Does anyone have any experience with this grinder? How would it compare to something like the Lagom P01 - a modern day large flat burr grinder. Thanks
by jkoll42
21 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 8
Views: 196

Starting to roast - Greens selection

I still do not believe that any significant amount of CO2 is produced after roasting, only released from the bean structure based on everything I've read. The only thing I can really find that would oxidize releasing CO2 in the presence of air would be the VOCs in the Furan class which is the largest class of VOCs
by bialettibarista
32 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 17
Views: 231

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

So I actually have experimented quite a bit with exactly what you were asking and the short answer is no it's not really a great idea to not fill it completely. You can fill it partially and you can get good results this way however I've found it to be incredibly inconsistent and unpredictable. Essentially what happens when the filter