Recent posts

by another_jim
5 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 8
Views: 266

La Marzocco Swan

It varies dramatically by grinder -- I've opened up the all the single dose grinders I've tested, swept out the loose grinds from burrs, grind chamber and chute, and got from a superlative 0.05 grams to a failing 1.5 grams. But that is for another topic, not here
by RapidCoffee
13 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11
Views: 377

Extractamundo! Temperature adjustments?

OT: When you select the profile, you can adjust the temperature by clicking on the +/- buttons: {image}
Advertisement
by chriscoffee
35 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 13

[FS] Rancilio Rocky Doserless (Stainless)

MAP: $440 Asking: $299 + FREE shipping (within US only) Serial# 65207546 Received in Sept. 2022 Returned as buyers remorse, and must have forgotten about it until now! Cosmetic damage to the adjustment collar. Works like new! Email mackenzie@chriscoffee.com with your name, shipping address, phone# and PayPal info! {image} {image} {image} {image} {image}
by mrgnomer
46 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 13
Views: 459

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Yes it is
by ira
46 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 125

How to use vintage faema President 1958

There are people here who are real experts on these machines, I just tend to remember trivial facts that I see here
by dyno
56 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 23
Views: 881

Highest chance of success - roasters

There are many iterations of Larry Cotton's wobble disc roaster but it's how i started and it worked great. I have a Kaffelogic now and I feel the quality of the roast is better and consistent but the wobble disc roaster was a really good intro using a heat gun. {link}
by MuHyC
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 36

Pressurestat versions/proper fitting- Vibiemme Junior HX 2013

thank you JRising for your response! My apologies for providing late update I got in touch with Stefano (from espressocare.com) the next day and he responded right away. Kudos to him for prompt response and providing answers to my concerns. here is his feedback if anybody is interested. 1) RE: pressurestat amperage replacing the low amperage
by SJM
1 hour ago
Replies: 13
Views: 459

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Tamping is tamping, not rocket science. And a manual transmission is more satisfying
by JettLag
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 264
Views: 20527

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

Anyone with the EMP mod using the brew by weight scale? I've made the update per Rick (pulling the wire on the EMP mod board). Mine is working... but it's stopping well early of the mark. 35g target is stopping at 27g (for several days)... today was 30g today. Regardless, it's been over several days and
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Replies: 9
Views: 264

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Any of the commercial machines will take much longer than 15 minutes to warm up. All those you listed should have no problem with back-to-back shots at the rate an amateur barista can turn them out. With the possible exception of the VAPE1, you probably should let any of those warm up for 30-45 minutes, if not an hour before