Recent Posts

by baristainzmking, less than a minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 26

Comparing Monolith MC3 to MC4 and beyond

Hey Mike, Thanks for you input, much appreciate it. The shots with MC4 have been stellar and the cortados and flat whites have been delicious with medium and medium dark roasts
by iik, 1 minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 0

La Pavoni Professional loud heating up noise?

As a new La Pavoni Professional owner I'm a bit surprised about the loud noise the machine makes when heating up. Please check recording of the noise at {video} (setting volume to about 60% produces correct levels). Is this normal? I understand boiling water makes some sounds but still no other espresso machine I have owned
by JRising, 11 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 10

Quickmill E61 flow control device - do they work with Vibiemme Super Domobar E61 espresso machines?

No. It replaces the screw in mushrooms of E61 heads with a new screw in mushroom that contains the valve. Removing the valve parts and trying to machine your bolt-down mushroom to make the valve parts fit would be insane... Maybe someone will start mass producing them someday, but I don't believe such a thing exists for VBM
by choroidalfusion, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 563 Views: 42938

Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience

I'm keen to hear about the C40 vs Key comparison for brewed coffee. My key is to arrive in September. I've been using a C40 for about 5 yrs for brewed coffee. I don't have an espresso machine but am planning to purchase a Cremina. I actually bought and then retuned a Lagom p64 last year. After using
by bean74, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 43 Views: 1324

Espresso machine upgrade recommendations, please!

Did they give you a re-calibration procedure, to reset the burrs to zero, after replacing the gearbox? If not, sounds like you might want to request that
by bean74, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 223

How to test espresso machine without tripping the whole place?

Again, USA reference, but our residential power has 3 wires typically identified as hot, neutral, and ground. Based on your earlier posts, it sounded like you were using the same convention, so yes... hot to neutral, as in the two conductors carrying the primary current of the appliance. Clamp on ammeters just need to clamp around a single
by mivanitsky, 22 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 26

Comparing Monolith MC3 to MC4 and beyond

The design rationale of MC4 was to increase somewhat the clarity of output of the 71mm Mazzer burrset, while not excessively compromising the mouthfeel/body of the shot. This is accomplished in the cup characteristics of the two grinders. The effect is similar to what happens with the Niche Zero with NFC Disc, though the effect is greater on the Niche
by HB, 23 minutes ago in Blog
Replies: 5 Views: 1407

ECM Puristika Review

Once I broke out the scale and confirmed brew ratios, that indeed proved to be the case. There's some crema settling for the Puristika espresso (left) in this side-by-side photo since there was a slight delay starting the Cremina espresso (right), but the difference in espresso volume is obvious: {image} Both are "double espresso" "brew ratios" This almost
by Primacog, 28 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 206

Commercial 83mm grinders vs boutique 80mm & above single dosing grinders

Thanks Jonk for your very helpful reply
by Primacog, 31 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 10

Quickmill E61 flow control device - do they work with Vibiemme Super Domobar E61 espresso machines?

I am interested in modifying my vibiemme super domo bar espresso machine with an e61 flow control device and I was wondering if the quickmill kit will work for the vibiemme. I understand that there can be differences between the e61 versions made by other manufacturers and the e61 groupheads made by vibiemme so I am concerned that it may