Recent Posts

by mkane, 6 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 13

ARC 800 Roaster

Do you have a flapper in the ducts to shut the cold out while not in use?
by Acavia, 14 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 130 Views: 12985

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Would this apply to small increment? I have a KR804 with Lab Sweet burrs. I single dose grind for pourover, usually between 5 and 6.5, and sometimes might go from 6 to 5 from one day to the next. After a grind while it is running, I often turn finer so as to grind any partial bean that might be...
by okmed, 15 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

ARC 800 Roaster

{image} {image}
by okmed, 19 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

ARC 800 Roaster

Since there hasn't been much mentioned about the ARC 800 Roaster, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my roaster relocated to my basement. I've had the roaster since August but had it temporarily in the shed out back. I had hoped that I could make it work, but dealing with the cold proved to be too...
by Nwin23, 24 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 177 Views: 42327

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

Is everyone aware that apparently there are two zero retention grinders coming out? The mignon Oro and the mignon zero. It's my understanding the mignon Oro is similar to the XL with 65mm burrs whereas the Zero is similar to the Specialita minus the screen, thought it has a portafilter holder similar to the DF 64. From some other reviews...
by DamianWarS, 41 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 4097

The Picopresso

I agree with the "stupid weight" but it depends on your motivation to drop weight/conserve space. In the case of backpacking I think the travel case is a waste of weight/space to begin with, just wrap it all in a towel. With general travel restrictions like luggage on a plane I don't see travel grinders (even the heavier ones) an...
by DaveC, 51 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 35

Loud buzzing noise Quickmill Vetrano DE

Sounds like pump cavitation. Could be caused by poor water flow to the inlet side of the pump. It's possible but unlikely that the pump is faulty and doesn't pick up well at first.
by woodbar, Today, 7:21 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 44

Lelit Mara X - Plastic taste from hot water

I had a similar experience! How new is your Mara X? Have you actually flushed some water through the service boiler which is where both steam and hot water taps are fed from? There is a train of thought to suggest you should not use the hot water from this type of machine for actually making drinks - topping up...
by baldheadracing, Today, 7:15 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 49

"best" machine for "light" roasts??

Not sure what your current grinder is, but that is often what 'needs' changing to get the most out of light roasts.
by beanEFIL, Today, 7:05 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 49

"best" machine for "light" roasts??

Which "starter espresso machine"... is "best"... for someone who ONLY drinks light roasts?? I buy mostly geishas/geshas... some other SO varietals (Elida catuai, El Injerto Pac, some Colombian Caturra etc) you get the idea... I've spent YEARS "trying to master" the art of pulling these light roasts... I like the challenge:) On my "cheap" machine, however... I've gone as far...