Recent Posts

by matthewh133, 6 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 49

Lelit Mara X troubleshooting, please help.

Thanks for your help. I checked and the pressure bar goes just above 10 when I lift the lever and the water starts pumping out into the drip tray, nothing from the brew head. I'll give them a call tomorrow and have them run the process by me
by negrocorto, 17 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 10 Views: 206

Do you add sugar to your espresso?

I like sugar in my espresso. I lived in Caracas, Venezuela for ten years, where I was introduced to espresso. There's an espresso bar around almost every corner in Caracas (Venezuela means "Little Venice"), and every home has a moka pot on their stove. Everyone, as far as I could tell, drinks their espresso with sugar. And when I went
by Jeff, 32 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 211

Lelit stock baskets vs. IMS

If you haven't already read something like "Espresso 101: How to Adjust Dose and Grind Setting by Taste", I'd start there. Classic espresso typically comes from a blend of beans roasted medium-dark or darker many times. Espresso made from medium-light or light beans is almost an entirely different drink. I don't know what roast level you're working with. Typically
by mckolit, 41 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 27

QM Arnos vs Izzo Vivi PID vs Profitec 500

I say at the end of the day, all the analysis will be overwhelming and just go with what looks good to you. It'll be the centerpiece of your coffee area, might as well pick the one that looks best to you. What grinder are you going to pair with it? A subpar grinder will ruin
by mckolit, 44 minutes ago in Knockbox

I do not. I'll put chocolate in my cup and pull a shot over that some times
by DamianWarS, Yesterday, 11:24 pm in Knockbox

Hoffmann {video} in his ristrettos
by ira, Yesterday, 11:18 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 35 Views: 651

What pressure sensors are you using to gather digital gas pressure data?

Much better, now you just need a couple more soldered loops to make sure it stays lined up and doesn't pull free or maybe a loop of hose for strain relief. Ira
by Weber Workshops, Yesterday, 11:17 pm in Grinders
Replies: 722 Views: 70756

Weber Key Grinder

Douglas chiming in here to quell what seems like an unfounded rumor. We have one motor supplier, so not sure what sparked that. We also have rigorous checks for torque on each unit, and know that we can espresso-grind on beans so light we deem them virtually undrinkable. That said, we are early in production and will address all direct
by Lookitsrohit, Yesterday, 11:12 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 27

QM Arnos vs Izzo Vivi PID vs Profitec 500

Hey Everyone! First post here and really been researching and spending massive amount of hours exploring for the best HX Machine out there currently. Here are the three I have sorted down to . Could you please help choose? My want is to be making a couple of milk based drinks a few times a week. Want a PID
by AlanC1, Yesterday, 11:10 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 54

[FS] Compak K-10 Conic Fresh Coffee Grinder, Polished Aluminum

On-demand, stepless fineness control, 68 mm conical burrs, double ventilator. Program the coffee dose in tenths of a second. Includes optional gourmet (short) hopper (capacity about 1.2#) and the unused standard hopper (capacity about 4.2#). 8.3" W x 15" D x 25" H with standard hopper. 19.8" H with the short hopper, as pictured. 37.5#. Includes the original box. Excellent