Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, less than a minute ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 22

Pourover vs. Espresso - Acidity

I would suggest making an Americano with your espresso as a test - the idea being that it is the dilution of coffee in water, and its subsequent effect, that is the factor
by CantinaCoffee, 1 minute ago in Marketplace
Replies: 24 Views: 1164

New Batch of Saka Coffee in Stock! May 16th 2022

Hi everyone, we have a new batch today --- orders are open on the website, shipping asap. Thanks!
by danks, 13 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Rotary pump for sage oracle

Hi, I have a sage oracle dual boiler and planning to replace pump with a rotary one. Any advise on rotary pump models suitable for machine would be highly appreciated. Thanks Ugur
by havenoclu, 42 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 91

ULKA pump humming and not pumping at times (intermittent)

I am not sure the Astra PRO has an OPV(!). Completely going off what I read here: "Where's the OPV on an Astra Pro to adjust brew pressure?"
by thecoffeefield, 46 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 1 Views: 29

Figuring out water for new espresso setup

I like using distilled water and third wave water or Perfect Cup
by jpender, 47 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 37 Views: 931

VST basket size and grind volume are at odds

If I'm reading this correctly you are saying that tamp pressure does make a difference, just less of one than some other parameters. If you had started out saying that I doubt you would have gotten a response. By the way... A 30lb tamp in a 58mm basket is 7.3 psi, not 0.06. That's roughly 5% as much
by zefkir, 59 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 59

Clarity of flavor notes (Chemex vs V60 vs Origami)

They can all be dialed to give you outstanding clarity. The water you use and the recipe you use are far more important than the dripper. That being said, I like flat bottoms because of the uniformity of thickness of the bed and not having to worry about pouring on top of paper
by Shenrei, Today, 12:28 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 434

Pour-Over Grinder

I also highly recommend the 1zpresso K series. This grinder is so good in terms of cup profile and workflow. It pushes way way above is asking price
by Kitchener, Today, 12:28 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 55

Should I replace this boiler? Rancilio Silvia

Great, thank you very much. I'll give it some elbow grease this week and see how it turns out. Got any tips for getting rid of gunk/stuff left by/around the old boiler gasket?
by SutterMill, Today, 12:28 pm in Coffees
Replies: 5 Views: 71

Looking for a lighter decaf

Coloration of decaf beans is not only dependent upon the type of bean but also the decaffeination process. This page from Sweet Marias does a fantastic job at explaining some of the differences and challenges roasters may have with decaf. Its worth a read even if you aren't a roaster but would like a better understanding of decaf in