Recent Posts

by Randy G., 28 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 3240 Views: 285169

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day...

That line was an adlib and it caused the film crew to crack up!
by copperonion, 34 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1409 Views: 163933

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

Hi all, I recently got a ssp burr, and I might have damaged the burr The stationary burr seems fine, but the coating seems little bit worn off for the rotational burr, and I am wondering if I should be worried about the usability or not I can't really feel anything different when I touch
by flip, Today, 1:47 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 210

La Marzocco Linea Mini and GS3 - taste for comfort blends

This is my biggest issue with the LMLM. I've looked into modifying the circuit but I'm not that skilled. Maybe Grafikus will come up with an upgrade in the future
by DaumierS, Today, 1:37 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 8 Views: 86

BEST HOME PID ELECTRIC ROASTER?

Google returns no results for Bullet and PID
by DaumierS, Today, 1:37 am in Coffee Roasting

I thought about IKAWA, but it is 100 g only. I think I want something like 400 g at least. But I can change my mind, after all, IKAWA roasting is easy - just push the button. How good is Kaffelogic from the PID point of view. Right now it is 2 times cheaper
by LuckyMark, Today, 1:23 am in Coffee Roasting

Daumier, just wondering if you have considered the Bullet? I assume induction would be quick to respond? (I don't know, have never touched a Bullet). Will watchyour thread with interest as I have the same desire to automate. I was hoping the Kaffelogic may be it, but it seemsnot
by beans+crumble, Today, 1:15 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 58

Volumetrics on GS3 make a happy wife? Or just buy the LMLM

Milk steaming is not automatic on the GS3 or the Linea Mini like it is on the Oracle Touch. Both the GS3 and Linea Mini have very powerful steam wands and would have a learning curve. Something to consider as well
by Jeff, Today, 12:57 am in Espresso Machines

Depending on how you phrase the question, you probably could get the answer you want. Whose happiness are we really talking about here? "Would you be OK watching the scale to know when to flip the lever to stop the shot?" "Would you be OK, putting the scale on the drip tray, adding the cup, hitting
by ira, Today, 12:36 am in Coffee Roasting

FWIW, an Ikawa Home or Pro will do a darn good job of following a profile. On my pro it's hard to tell the difference in the curves of the same profile roasting the same beans. The hard part of all roasting is figuring out the curve you should use and what to adjust to get where you want to
by klee11mtl, Today, 12:29 am in Espresso Machines

lol, I hear ya. If our Pro did not have volumetrics, regardless of how poorly implemented, my wife would probably make herself tea if I wasn't available. It's possible your grinder upgrade alone may solve the quality issue for your own drinks. I'd certainly give that a chance before deciding on the next machine