Recent Posts

by zix, 9 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 22 Views: 714

Lever Wanted

... But when you add steamed milk to some of those cups the CT2 still is not the right machine. As good as it is. I caved in to the family's demands for cappuccinos and other milk drinks and got a Dualit Cino steamer. For me it was the best compromise at the time, I could still keep my Strietman...
by BeMitica, 48 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 135

Cannot find the obstruction in HX/thermosiphon (Bezzera Mitica)

Thank you CafeIke and Bluenoser for all the input. I didn't find a restrictor, the pipe is all clear, so if at all it would be at the bend connecting to HX. In any case it's all sorted now, thanks again for the advice! Nicolas
by BeMitica, 51 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 2

E61 brew valve: indentations or no indentations?

Hello, I ordered a spare brew valve for my Mitica. I noticed a difference with the original brew valve (besides the fact that the original is all brass, and the replacement has a steel stem), namely the original one has indentations on the four edges of share part holding the seal: {image} {image} Whereas the new one does not have...
by pcdawson, 55 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 83

Replacing pstat on Cremina SL

Thanks so much! Might be good to do this myself so I know how to do it if there is ever a next time. Good point about asking the vendor to send the pstat set to the correct pressure. If they don't , do you know what they are usually set to? I have this image of the boiler pressure...
by Marcelnl, Today, 7:32 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 57

Cleaning Mazzer grinder

I've used the trick Paul described on several grinders and it worked like a charm. There can be plenty of smelly gunk underneath especially if a previous owner used the black and shiny beans called 'Italian'or "French"roasts so I'd give it a go...
by jb-0101, Today, 7:28 am in Grinders
Replies: 1521 Views: 184540

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Haha me too, except I bought my lab sweet burrs a couple of months ago. They're expensive in Australia hey!
by MichaelF, Today, 7:24 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 5

GS3 - o-ring for pump bybass

Hi, Could someone please let me know where I can source a replacement o-ring for the pump bypass shaft on my GS3? Would be very much appreciated. Thanks Michael
by fizguy, Today, 7:17 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 51

Rancilio Silvia -> Profitec 300 -> ?

I have never developed a tremendous skill in steaming (I mostly do milk drinks on the weekends). I appreciate the PID on both boilers on the profitec. I can bring the milk up to temperature in pretty much the time it takes to pull the shot, which seems reasonable to me, and certainly better than the expobar. But I will...
by Trickykid, Today, 7:09 am in Buying Advice

Sounds good! Are you happy with the steaming on the 700?
by fizguy, Today, 6:59 am in Buying Advice

I can't do a comparison for you but I can say that I have been happily pulling 5-6 espressos a day and some lattes on my profitec 700 for almost two years now. My path here also went through Silvia and then an expobar brewtus IV. The profitec is a much better machine than either of those, in my opinion.