Recent posts

by jtrops
3 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 36

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

You could get the pressurized basket for the Robot, and then you only need to dial in the Flair. Or, get a second grinder. Or, be ok with close enough, but not totally dialed
by pumpkinscastle
16 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 96

Insulated the Boiler Tanks for Marzocco Linea-wanted to share

Good idea. Need to do the same for my Slayer. It is 2023, and they still do not factory-insulate that machine. It should be a standard these days. My only concern with repurposing PET from old stuff would be that you can never know for sure whether it actually is 100% PET. I have some melamine foam left from
Advertisement
by pumpkinscastle
18 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 96

Insulated the Boiler Tanks for Marzocco Linea-wanted to share

Double post. Sorry
by burdhouse
27 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1652
Views: 166372

La Marzocco Linea Micra

{image} Arrived today! Temporarily setup at my house for a few months before heading over to my studio. First shot went well, puck was a little soggy but results still delicious. Looking forward to dialing these in!
by another_jim
41 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 37
Views: 2145

Mazzer Philos Comments

I characterize it as syrupy rather than creamy. The whole experience is a bit like drinking an orangina, that pulpy, syrupy, super sweet Italian (or is it French?) soft drink, if it were toasted and had roasty flavors too. More quantitatively, it is lighter bodied than a conical for espresso, but there is a thickness on the tongue that
by 3ddesigns
56 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 29

[FS] Jura Capresso Impressa Z5 Super Automatic

Selling our Super Automatic Jura Capresso Impressa Z5 Excellent condition. One-touch cappuccino system. Without moving the cup, a dual nozzle system with two separate outlets for milk and coffee create cappuccinos and lattes in seconds. This super-automatic comes with 8 beverage buttons and a rotary dial allowing you to create any drink you like (such as café
by jeffreylam98
58 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 37
Views: 2145

Mazzer Philos Comments

How is the body of the 200 burr ?
by guyy
1 hour ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 10
Views: 145

General question about handling cafe drink quality

It can be done, but as you suggest, it's not easy to pull off, and it's even harder to reproduce. As for the topic at hand, Hoff is right: in almost every scenario one can imagine, complaining is unlikely to get you anywhere. I usually do a little recon before trying a new place. I
by Mike-R
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 35
Views: 989

Latte Art Diagnosis

I took a video this morning to show you. Notice that I actually pushed twice at the very beginning. The second push was a subconscious correction for poor technique. My milk was a little too thick and didn't continue flow out in a white stream on the surface, so I did a second push which recovered the
by StoicDude
1 hour ago
Replies: 2
Views: 45

Miele CM5200 Brew Issues

Among many gadgets, I have a Miele CM5500. Mine is 2 years old and I haven't had any issues so far. Sadly I don't have any repair experience, but my policy has always been " open the machine and try to fix it when I don't care if I break it more." My brew group is