Recent posts

by pizzaman383
13 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 6

Stupid question:will an e61 PF work in a gaggia classic?

Not without grinding or filing and the ears are 45 degrees out
by poison
16 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 6

Stupid question:will an e61 PF work in a gaggia classic?

My gaggia days are decades behind me, I don't remember
Advertisement
by Steffche
17 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 77

Breville Dual Boiler gurgling, Brand New machines x 2

I was instructed to follow the first part of the descale procedure to flush and refill the boilers. I would've ran two full tanks at least, but never actually made a coffee as I didn't want to make them dirty lol. I agree it's very rare to have two machines doa. They were manufactured in the same week and
by drgary
27 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 332
Views: 18998

IKAWA Home - profiles

Your assumption may be correct. But it'll take awhile to dial in starting roasts for particular varietals. Plus it would help to measure bean density, at least by volume, and starting moisture content in order to pre-adjust your roast. You'll always be dialing in toward better results. This is one of the reasons I like to make milk drinks!
by bznelson91
34 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 14
Views: 229

General question about handling cafe drink quality

Some great advice and conversation here, and I'm reading and digesting it all. Regarding bitter vs sour and personal tastes: I totally agree. But I'm talking about shots that are so far off, I really don't think they're anyone's preference. I rarely get one that just blows me away from the first sip, but many will draw me in
by kennelcoffee
34 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 86

Looking for feedback on greens from Wholesale Origin

Yes, there doesn't seem to be much information anywhere. However I did get a reply to my query via their contact us form on the website and they do indeed offer samples. You just have to ask. They sell both boxes as well as full bags but their full bag lists are rather vague as far as traceability and information
by exidrion
35 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11
Views: 141

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Thanks for posting this - It's a nice alternative to Tidaka funnels and smaller tampers
by fablic75
37 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 2
Views: 51

Reliable German shop online...

Thank you very much for your advice!
by exidrion
37 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11
Views: 141

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

It depends on the coffee, could need to use up to 8.5-9g or more to get a dry puck at the end - myself, I don't care about soupy pucks that much, i just clean my knockbox regularly. I'd also recommend a thin puck sceen like the ones from sworks design