Recent posts

by dyno
7 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 23
Views: 867

Highest chance of success - roasters

There are many iterations of Larry Cotton's wobble disc roaster but it's how i started and it worked great. I have a Kaffelogic now and I feel the quality of the roast is better and consistent but the wobble disc roaster was a really good intro using a heat gun. {link}
by MuHyC
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 29

Pressurestat versions/proper fitting- Vibiemme Junior HX 2013

thank you JRising for your response! My apologies for providing late update I got in touch with Stefano (from espressocare.com) the next day and he responded right away. Kudos to him for prompt response and providing answers to my concerns. here is his feedback if anybody is interested. 1) RE: pressurestat amperage replacing the low amperage
Advertisement
by SJM
15 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 12
Views: 422

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Tamping is tamping, not rocket science. And a manual transmission is more satisfying
by JettLag
23 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 264
Views: 20506

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

Anyone with the EMP mod using the brew by weight scale? I've made the update per Rick (pulling the wire on the EMP mod board). Mine is working... but it's stopping well early of the mark. 35g target is stopping at 27g (for several days)... today was 30g today. Regardless, it's been over several days and
by Jeff
56 minutes ago
Replies: 9
Views: 251

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Any of the commercial machines will take much longer than 15 minutes to warm up. All those you listed should have no problem with back-to-back shots at the rate an amateur barista can turn them out. With the possible exception of the VAPE1, you probably should let any of those warm up for 30-45 minutes, if not an hour before
by gscace
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 241

La Marzocco Swan

I have no idea. I haven't used the Pico and don't know much about it at all
by gscace
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 241

La Marzocco Swan

One might think that a constant weight of beans in the hopper is required. And maybe it isn't. Discovering that sensitivity is a simple experiment. Scott Guglielmino, of La Marzocco told me what they found for dosing consistency and I have some preliminary data that supports it. I'm not going to post it here because the grinder came
by robliver
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 463

Assistance Needed: Breville Barista Express - Steam/Water Issue After Solenoid Replacement

Hello I had the same problem with our Breville Barista Express tripping the earth-leakage(RCD) switch. The cause was the 3-way CEMA solenoid. After I replace it, the steam and hot water are diverted to the grouphead. The solution was to rotate the plastic part of the solenoid 180 degrees. The solenoid should be open from the right (when viewed from
by spike
1 hour ago
Views: 530

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

I think there's more to it than that. For one thing, most of the European equipment sites I have visited recently do not sell US-compatible models. I think it has more to do with market support. Lelit is in a very different position than Quickmill and the others because they are part of an international consumer company that
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Views: 530

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Bringing a machine to the US also has complications with needing to change to 120 V operation and ideally getting safety approvals. The CE approvals don't transfer to US approvals. Unless there is sufficient volume to justify the upfront expenses, it doesn't make economic sense to import "yet another sub-1,000 machine". In that price class it is hard to compete