Recent Posts

by Vlad, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 8

Eureka Mignon MCI

Hi folks, I got a Eureka Mignon MCI. I'm very happy about the setup, but I've not managed to pull a decent espresso shot under Timer settings, and I'm wondering if it's my grinder setting is the problem. For a double shot, i trying to grind 18 grams of coffee but even under max timer time (16sec) I'm able to...
by erik82, 27 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 40 Views: 845

Value Of A Bottomless Portafilter In Developing Skill?

Those thinner ears can be a big problem. Due to pressure buildup the portafilter will come out eventually and then you'll have a red hot missile flying through your kitchen. I think most experienced (Home)barista have had this happen at one time and it's pretty dangerous (wrong portafilter or not tightenng it enough).
by ronncat, 29 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 47

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

Will definitely use PID for warm up. I did this with my Quest and Artisan. Now... if I get real lazy, I might just have to automate the entire roast session
by ronncat, 30 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 47

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

Good catch. I hastily composed this thread during my lunch today. Should have referred to the gas pressure in mbar and not PSI
by jdawg11, 33 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 162

Question for Mazzer-Doserless owners

Hi thanks everyone! I'm new and couldn't check replies properly but this is all super helpful. @lessthanjoey that's exactly my question/use case so thank you! I'm glad to hear it can work and definitely see how the blower could get messy... @ethiopianbuffman you've hit it on the head for me, the workflow seems better on the DF64. I think I...
by gimpy, 50 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4 Views: 66

The Espresso Smoothie

What syrup flavoring did you use? Caramel? Vanilla? Or?
by Chert, Today, 12:43 am in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 1 Views: 48

How the Pacific Northwest became a coffee paradise

I enjoyed that. Thanks for the tip. Which led to tips to at at least 5 more spots for me to visit in Portland.
by ftccoffee, Today, 12:08 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 7

Solis SL70 trips GFI - possible moving damage?

I just pulled our Solis sl70 out of the basement, 5 years after we moved. It worked before being packed away. I plugged it in and as soon as I activated the pump, it immediately tripped the GFI. I tried another circuit - same result. Sometimes it will trip the GFI as soon as I turn it on (i.e., just...
by robmack, Today, 12:05 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 33

Frozen hex screws on Rancilio Silvia boiler

I don't have a Rancilio but if the hex screws are steel and the boiler aluminium, it's probably corrosion that has frozen them in place. Definitely use a penetrating oil on the threads to work on loosening things up. Let the oil work overnight. Forget the store-bought fluids; The best penetrating oil you make yourself - 50% acetone and 50%...
by jupetroni, Today, 12:03 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 293 Views: 50649

Profitec Pro 300 User Experience

Hi GMK, are you able to please share the file to 3d printer the handle for the water cover? The pics look amazing!!