Recent Posts

by Thehomebrewcoffee, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 117

Rocket Boxer 1 Group + Mahlkonig E65S

Hi jeff, thanks again for your input, always appreciated it. The machine: Firstly the individual who is funding this build out has an affinity to the brand, is wanting non e61, loves the look, plumbing aspect and is confident in the brands ability to create adequate in cup performance. As for the grinder: The go to grinder was at first...
by adcampo, 8 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 90

Plumbed drain line cleaning.

Thanks. The tricky bit is how to let it soak. I'll have to plug one end the drain line, fill it and then uncork it without making a huge mess.... I was also thinking of running some Cafiza coffee cleaner.
by Jeff, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 120

What are some "lifetime" / "end-goal" espresso machine and grinder options?

I think a reasonable target, one that I might desire something better but be very happy with the results, can be had in the ballpark of US$5,000-6,0000 One example might be Bianca/Synchronika/Profitec with flow control or a high-end, spring lever. Bentwood (TBD, I have one of the first US-spec ones coming in a few weeks), Ultra, P100, or even a...
by ira, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice

That analogy hardly works if you put a price on it. I considered answering as I would have been the first respondent, but when I saw $5000 I figured there was no point. Speedster as someone else said, one group LM Leva, one group Mistral if you can find one, any of numerous old restored lever machines. For a grinder,...
by cuppa, 23 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Thank you, lots of great answers already for places to start looking and reading. I only mentioned 5k because I figured it would be a question and in my mind, 5k was a reasonably high number. In reality, there's no specific budget. I can just save up longer if need be. It will be a #2 machine for "hobby" anyway....
by Djuan214, 24 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 129

Starbucks Barista leaks, help!

Yes! Thank you i don't wanna spend too much money on it especially since it's a discontinued model. I rather save up for a better espresso machine/Grinder. Since I'm new to the whole espresso world i wanna ease myself into it since it's pretty much an expensive hobby. With that said i don't think my machine requires much fixing, it's...
by baldheadracing, 29 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 162

Coffee News

I found the pics of the exhibit interesting, and I loved this quote from a collector:{link}
by BoulderMike, 32 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 135

Klatch Tanzania Zanzibar Peaberry

Being a bit "dumb" here, when you say soak, can you explain what you mean? Are you referring to after you drop the beans or before? Johan says in his "getting started" tutorial to charge at 25mBar, are you saying you get up to drop temp at 10mBar? Basically, can you explain a bit more simplistically for a less experienced...
by ira, 34 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 33 Views: 2760

Tiny motors on new grinders?

It hardly matters to Vivace, it means he can keep many coffees ready for grinding in grinders properly adjusted for each one. And if he has to replace them every 6 months or year, it's just the cost of doing business. Ira
by BaristaBoy E61, 35 minutes ago in Buying Advice

The answer to that analogy would be the KvdW Speedster IdroMatic. The answer to your $5k budget and serviceability would be the Izzo Alex Duetto IV. {link}