Recent posts

by sashaman
1 minute ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1324
Views: 187364

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

I don't know if an HBer created and posted this, but just wanted to say thanks to whomever created this tool: {link}. Was trying to replace some o-rings and for the life of me couldn't get some of the sensors back on (I think the new rings may be a tad wider or at least less compressible). Was searching online
by ShotClock
3 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4
Views: 129

San Diego - gaslamp district

So, it seems that the gaslamp district is pretty much devoid of decent coffee. Achilles, hob, copa vida were all pretty dire. There's an okay pour over cart - stagecoach I think. Don't think I had an acceptable espresso at all. Coffee and tea collective is sorely missed in this area. Rikka fika is a bit too far if
Advertisement
by dfuller
23 minutes ago
Replies: 17
Views: 494

Lights flicker in house, when espresso machine is on (Alex Leva).

That is normal. The PID is cycling the heating element on and off
by fvanbeek
25 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 3

ECM Elektronika I - Heats only for 1 cycle

Hi all, My ECM Elektronika I (single boiler with HX) only heats for 1 cycle, what I mean by this is: I start the machine, it starts heating and the pressure creeps up to 1,5 bar, I hear the pressurestat clicking and the pressure starts dropping. When below c.1,2 bar i hear the pressurestat clicking again, but the machine
by Capuchin Monk
37 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 3
Views: 41

VBM Domobar Super or La Marzocco Linea Micra

Sure but there's a big jump in price
by JRising
38 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 11

Steam wand valve replacement on Crem ONE

You could ask your local Crem dealer if such a thing exists. I have no idea who that would be in your part of the world, in North America I'd suggest WLL. They'd probably be able to advise you or at least let you know that such a thing doesn't exist, even if they don't expect to make
by Capuchin Monk
39 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 41

VBM Domobar Super or La Marzocco Linea Micra

Some feedback here "VBM Domobar Super Digital"
by Jaroslav
39 minutes ago
Replies: 1978
Views: 181966

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

Anyone here has a Mini with a serial number beginning with "MI"? Source: "la marzocco home app update v3.1.0" {image}
by Jeff
57 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Views: 65

If I wanted to try traditional(ish) espresso...

For those curious, that Luca is not "Luca Constanzo", the Q Grader who posts insightfully here