Recent Posts

by crwper, 1 minute ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 7 Views: 96

Need your help with developing organized espresso recipes

That's more or less how I use measurement as well. In this plot each espresso is drawn as a single point. The size of the point indicates my subjective rating: {image} I often use arrows to draw a "trajectory" through the plot, e.g., as I change grind setting. As you can see, the arrows are often a bit of a...
by ykeinan7, 4 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11 Views: 215

Rocket Evoluzione 2 - Fixing control board

Where can I find the electric diagram of the Rocket Evoluzione 2 (2014 model, without PID)?
by Brewzologist, 7 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1126 Views: 103839

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I've had both the Niche and DF64 with SSP MP burrs. IMO, the Niche is great for classic, integrated tasting and big mouthfeel espresso shots. Whereas the DF64 with MP burrs provides more flavor separation and clarity when using "turbo" espresso shot techniques. For me, these grinders address two different espresso purposes and the coffee used determines a lot of...
by ziptie, 8 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 20

Tray/table for La Pavoni Europiccola + grinder setup

That Ikea table is pretty small. I'd have concerns for stability with that small footprint, and sufficient work surface. I wouldn't keep it outdoors. The LPs' steel chromed base has enough problems trying to not rust from beneath. The quality of the chrome is, well...not good. That's about as nice as I can put it. I treated the underside of...
by erik82, 12 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 421

Spring Lever accidents

Just pull the lever down a bit and you can remove the portafilter and then easily let it go up again by human force. More room for the same amount of pressure equals lower pressure total as long as you don't do it to far that the group fills. I let the lever of my previous Strega slip 2 times...
by wachuko, 13 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 4

Eureka Mignon Silenzio vs Baratza Sette 270

Well... what I thought was going to take a few more years, is actually moving a little bit faster. We got a house in Ocala, FL that will be our retirement home in a few years (4-5years). I wanted to build an espresso area ("thread on this") with everything that I have now... but because we are spending almost every...
by boren, 14 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 27 Views: 473

Single-boiler E61+PID espresso machine: A rude awakening about temperature stability

Ok, I'll add a foam cup measurement. Can't go wrong with another data point Just to make sure I have the correct set up in mind, should it look like "this"?
by LObin, 20 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 170 Views: 41360

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

I'm a huge lever head. An Olympia Cremina is a dream machine for a lot of people, understandably. Some of the best shots I've had were pulled on my 79 Europiccola which has a very similar profile. But... There's a certain level of temperature surfing and a lack of flexibility when compared with the Synchronica (with added flow control) or...
by heytchap, 22 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1126 Views: 103839

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

The niche is pretty crap for filter, so I'd think long and hard before doing it.
by Peter Venkman, 24 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 7 Views: 96

Need your help with developing organized espresso recipes

I agree, scientific is the wrong term... I meant Organized. ( english is not my native language... so i sometimes take shortcuts ) Thanks for the link, i will look into it. 18G basket for me is already a big step from my 22G i would pull with the appartamento ! so for now, i'll settle for 18, but like...