Recent Posts

by ira, less than a minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 271

Versalab M4 user experience

That grinder is basically unchanged since I first started here, 12 years ago. Other that some customer service issues back then, I don't think I've ever seen anything but positive comments about the VS. I considered buying one as my first grinder but the customer service issues scared me, I still regret not buying a VS in place of the
by crazyascarl, less than a minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7697 Views: 1240729

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Started my journey with a new to me Gaggia Classic and a $10 garage sale Baratza Encore. Did a kitchen remodel where I was able to carve out a "coffee nook" and here we are now
by TenLayers, 1 minute ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 17 Views: 181

How about a Like button with emoji choices?

Not that there's a vote going on, but my vote is leave as is
by ira, 5 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 17 Views: 181

How about a Like button with emoji choices?

As long as it's at the $250/year level, I guess it's OK!
by mixespresso, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 27 Views: 283

Espresso machine clogging randomly in between shots

Thanks kris772, that is pretty much the approach I follow: I buy from the local roaster, beans go to the freezer and straight from there to the grinder. Depending on the roast level I buy, they will go to the DeLonghi machine as an espresso or if too light...I will brew them as v60 as I cannot get the
by BaristaBoy E61, 11 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 48

Heating element for Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus V2?

Welcome to HB Rob. I second this advice. Chris' Coffee has always been second to none for me. My advice would be to also purchase the whiteTeflon gasket for these elements, GC35 or PL0980GR from Chris'Coffee. {link} The other recommendations I have would be to purchase on Amazon a Sunex 246D ½-in drive 1-7/16-in DEEP
by mborkow, 12 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 100

La Pavoni Pro sleeve damage?

Were you having a problem operating the machine?
by sketcher88, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 91

Another Rancilio Epoca Rebuild

In your first photo, you ask "is this really neccesary" and I think that's a breaker, so I'd keep it, assuming the red part is a reset. I had an old S-20 Midi and I recognize plenty of similarities. That teflon plug you're seeking, I had the same question, and for the same reasons (I broke this fragile little probe
by crazyascarl, 17 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 31 Views: 1653

Do you add sugar to your espresso?

I've been making the wife (my version of a) Cortadito the past few days and she's in heaven... basically a latte version of a cuban coffee. A Cuban coffee is usually made with a moka pot-- mix a little of the crema in with a teaspoon or two of sugar into a paste, then add in
by sketcher88, 23 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 17 Views: 220

Roaster, situation demands I use an extension cord

To be totally honest, and if it's not used all the time, you could also use construction wire (so not cable, as found in an extension cord). The wire is cheaper as it's one piece of copper for each conductor rather than many strands making up a cable, and I'd just go heavier gauge on that. The issue is that