Recent Posts

by jtferraro, 1 minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 129

I'm thinking a Flow Control Device isn't worthwhile for my Appartamento...

Hmm...interesting. Thanks for the info. I'd love to hear about experiences and see pics of this splitter installed with the M6 thread adapter, Eric's thermometer and a brew pressure gauge
by TallDan, 4 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 0 Views: 2

Water report and advice on RO or filter

For the last year or so, I've been buying distilled water, adding epsom salt and potassium bicarbonate to it for use in my espresso machine. I've also been using distilled mixed with tap water and adding minerals for homebrewing beer. Since the availability of distilled water has become somewhat sporadic recently, I'm taking another look at my options
by cannonfodder, 11 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 4 Views: 274

Starting a pop-up cart with Breville Dual Boiler/Niche Zero

You may need NFS-rated equipment along with the department of health inspections and such. There is a lot more to it than just showing up with an espresso machine. You need to check with your local municipality about the requirement for a food service startup, business licensing and such
by cannonfodder, 27 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 84

Plumbing in

Water supply line you can route as you need. Drain line needs to have a continus down slope. You should check the water line requirement for the machine. Something like a refrigerator water line will probably be too small. Most plumbed in machines require a pressure regulator to step down your mains pressure and a 3/8 inch supply
by DavidB, 44 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2870 Views: 285762

Niche Zero grinder

Apologies if this has been asked already - does anyone know if there are any compatible TiN (or Red Speed) burrs for our grinders?
by Glacier21, 51 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 206

Wall-mounting an Apex

(slow response but) this is helpful, thank you!
by exidrion, Yesterday, 10:53 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 138

End game grinder: EG-1, Kafatek MC4 or Flat Max?

If richness and sweetness is what youre after, I'd say conicals, thus MC4, but if youre not happy with the Niche, I'm not sure you'll find it worth it. I personally found a massive difference between my Specialita, but that was a flat burr at less than have the price of the MC4. Maybe elaborate a bit more on what
by jgood, Yesterday, 10:50 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 116

Case for Kinu, Robot and Steamer!

Sadly the "stovetop" model I have doesn't do kettle duty - I doubt the electric one does either. But now I see that the complete kit could (should?) have a kettle and a little camping stove
by Ken5, Yesterday, 10:45 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 116

Case for Kinu, Robot and Steamer!

Wouldn't a bellman fit in there if he decided not to put all the accessories in there that you have? I remember that case, was very impressed the first time I saw it, as I am now. What would you do differently if you don't mind me asking? Ken
by GregoryJ, Yesterday, 10:40 pm in Knockbox
Replies: 4 Views: 274

Starting a pop-up cart with Breville Dual Boiler/Niche Zero

The thermal cycling is what's hardest on most components. People turn their BDBs on and off every day, so that won't be an issue. I'd also be concerned about how high volume of steamed milk drinks you could achieve