Recent Posts

by keno, 1 minute ago in Knockbox
Replies: 3231 Views: 283465

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day...

"Florence bar fined €1,000 after police called over 'expensive' coffee" I visited this cafe when I was in Florence a few years back and it easily had the best coffee of my trip. Italians are accustomed to paying €1 for coffee, so a customer was aggrieved at having to pay €2, which is quite reasonable by specialty standards given
by yalag, 10 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 19

What should I do with the BDB if my house is changing to soft water?

I cant retest it anymore I dont have those stripes
by DavC, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1351 Views: 157017

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

Need help guys. I recently changed to an acaia dosing cup, while it works well and fits snug under the ode, but when grinding I see hint of blue spark every 1-2 secs between the outer rim of the cup and the plastic grinding chute area. Will this be hazardess?
by BaristaBoy E61, 24 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

I would suggest retesting the water after the change over and downloading the manual. You might not have to do anything but consult your manual first
by yalag, 43 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

I vaguely remember that when I first setup my BDB I had to test the hardness of the water and set some thing in the machine. I followed the instructions back then. But now my house is switching to soft water. Does anyone have the instruction for what I should do? Should I still use filter?
by HB, Today, 10:11 pm in Coffees
Replies: 5 Views: 236

Laurina in the US

Reopened by request
by gilbert, Today, 9:54 pm in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 707

Ditting 804 single dosing mods

How is the bag shaker plate removed, via the 3 screws? Is it possible to leave it in place and just disconnect the vibrating part?
by MrBaggins, Today, 9:43 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 57

Profitec Pro 700 - Losing temperature, not heating back up

So quick update. Pressure wise. When pulling a shot into the blind basket, the pressure maxes out top end of the green range (10Bar I think). The screeching noise occurs at about 9bars for a second where the pressure meter also slightly falters. It's as if the water is having to force past something that is slightly stuck. I'm fairly
by baldheadracing, Today, 9:33 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3304 Views: 511212

Lever Espresso Machine Gallery

You'll probably have better odds with the Lambro or another Faema - or a Gaggia. I don't know if Conti's were ever sold in Canada. Faemas were by far the most popular machine in the GTA as far as I know. I kept a regular look out for a Faema Velox for years, but once I had the
by jpender, Today, 9:18 pm in Coffees
Replies: 417 Views: 17586

Saka Caffè in the States

Yeah, 16 days is great. I've had 20 day old Saka arrive on my doorstep. To be fair you were claiming 7-10 days, not 16. It's not impossible to get 7 day old coffee from Italy via Cantina but kind of unlikely. The bag I'm drinking right now arrived 42 days post roast. By the way, those