Recent posts

by BodieZoffa
2 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 55
Views: 2673

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

Valid points IF either Weber was new to the game as growing pains/beta testing issues are to be expected. Definitely should have things fine tuned by now. Also gets annoying when the 'specialty' manufacturers are rarely blamed as most gets placed on the end user. Will no longer add to the conversation and glad I don't buy into the hype
by jpender
3 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 0
Views: 4

What are they doing here?

I saw this in a video in the "about us" section of a coffee roaster website: {image} Is this how you "cup" green coffee?
Advertisement
by Dev
4 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 315

Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

Thanks for the link and the advice on steaming. My steam wand in a slight angle I time it to keep the heating element on the boil. However I found with the dial opened half way is a lot more forgiving that even if I do not time it, it still produces more than enough pressure
by jdrobison
7 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 49
Views: 2765

Fellow Aiden anyone?

Not having a Moccamaster, myself, I'm curious to know your thoughts on what the Aiden will offer that you're not getting with the Moccamaster. I suppose I could go explore the machine on the website but thought the opinion of an owner would be even better
by mandoa
9 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Advice on downgrading Behmor 2000ab to Whirley Pop

Hey all, this is my first time posting. If this is not the place to post, please feel free to take it down. I've read hundreds of posts on this site as well as Reddit and keep stumbling into the same threads and articles and am left at a standstill. For the last 2~ years I've been home
by Idahopat
9 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 19
Views: 316

Pasquini Livia 90 high brew pressure and valve leaking

The question I'm after is what pressure do you have set at idle, as this sets the brew temperature. Thanks!
by godlyone
19 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 14
Views: 696

Revel Coffee - Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra

How long did you guys let this one rest? Just got it yesterday and excited to try
by Capuchin Monk
21 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 55
Views: 2673

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I get both of your points. As for EG-1 grinder, it would be in the comparable category of high-end planes like those private jets owned by... (you know who). I haven't heard about the problems like loose door on those jets. I guess they do a test run before shipping out each grinder... or not?
by bznelson91
21 minutes ago
Replies: 29
Views: 880

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Sounds like I need to just not pack underwear next time I travel, and use the space in my suitcase for a kettle instead. Brad
by jpender
35 minutes ago
Replies: 29
Views: 880

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

That reminds me of a bushwalking trip I did in Tasmania. Lots of locals drink the water untreated as it's almost always safe to do so. There were water tanks at one camping area which were filled by rainwater. They had coarse strainers to keep out detritus but mosquito larvae were in this particular tank. I treated the water with