Recent posts

by johnhobbs
8 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Quick Mill Monza descale continues to pump water

Have a Quick Mill Monza Deluxe that I started the descale process on using the option in the menu. Unfortunately, it just continues to pump water through. I stopped by turning the power off after filling the reservoir 4 times with water. Now when turning it back on, it wants to start the descale process and I have to select
by HB
12 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 123

Sealing boiler

ChatGPT 4 does a good job: "I removed and cleaned the boiler of my very old Gaggia - 1960/1970. The seal on the lid was a ring of asbestos. It has broken into pieces and can no longer be used. I don't want to use it anyway. My question is which sealing material would be best to use for
Advertisement
by skittles_s
14 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 591

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

Still have my original Pharos and early Lido 2. Just travelled with the latter and enjoyed using it just as much as I did ten years ago when I first got it. I have fond thoughts of D and B and the passion they helped stoke in my coffee hobby. Cheers!
by Jonk
53 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 184

Micro sieve basket

I have not used these baskets, but I think the bottom holes act more like support and won't fully block the mesh. {image} You can test this by using a bottom paper filter in a regular basket. That has proven to improve flow and make for a more even extraction, even though the bottom holes stay the same
by Nico86
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 184

Micro sieve basket

Hello, I use to have several micro-sieve baskets, the good thing about them, is that I was able to use a smaller grind, and thus have a a fuller taste in the cup. As far as cleaning it, same as any basket Imho it is very expensive compared to what is gives... Best Nicolas
by bcx
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 42
Views: 1176

Latte Art Diagnosis

For this one the camera was actually in my way so I couldn't see my draw through properly {link}
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 62
Views: 2192

ACS waiting times

Congratulations. I had the same conversation with DHL today, but they said "check back on the 25th". Today was the expected (ho ho!) delivery date
by BaristaBoy E61
2 hours ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 9
Views: 378

La Marzocco Swan

I'll wait to hear results of double blind taste testing
by freditoj
2 hours ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 10
Views: 315

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

So any dual boiler PID should fit the bill. Got it. Thanks!
by millerstone
3 hours ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 33
Views: 1410

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions Nick! Just preordered. Curious if there's a way to purge hot water through the basket to prewarm the system and rinse the filter before brewing? EDIT: It's something I do with my Moccamaster, keeps the coffee in the carafe hotter if it's preheated. Added bonus is rinsing the filter and prewarming the