Recent posts

by another_jim
7 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 56
Views: 3219

Mazzer Philos Comments

I would like to comment on alignment before this thread goes off the rails. Per our own Jake-G, who rebuilds grinders and can do extensive testing, as well as high end grinder builders like Titus, simple tests at the zero point, like using a marker test or the gap betwen chirp and lock are not good indicators of the
by pizzaman383
17 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 214

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

I think that a compressed spring is ideally suited to provide pressure due to the fact that it's pressure decline somewhat matches the reduction of resistance as the puck erodes
Advertisement
by Jonk
19 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 12
Views: 555

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

SSP Cast V1 (silver knight) here, pretty much as consistent as any other burrs I've got. There's a tendency for fast and accelerating shots, puck integrity is not all there, but that's the same for every shot.. Try the stock burrs to (partially) rule out other factors
by pizzaman383
22 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 26
Views: 1170

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

This is what fascinates me about making espresso. It turns out that making espresso is an thermodynamics challenge, an electronics challenge, a hydraulics challenge, and a fluid flow dynamics problem all wrapped up in a compact physical package. Understanding it and designing the control system has been fun. BTW, the fact that steaming milk requires different temperature
by LittleCoffee
22 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 82

Help with brew pressure on izzo espresso machine

I'm not an expert and I think you can be a bit more specific with the descriptions: Are you plumbed in now or reservoir fed? What does machine on mean? On and not brewing or when you lift the brew lever? Do you have a flow control kit? If you do which gauge is showing 12 bar?
by cb
27 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 119

What's your view when you make espresso.

White wall. Very zen
by bcx
38 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 38
Views: 1074

Latte Art Diagnosis

My last few attempts {link} {link} {link}
by toadshade
48 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 56

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

I can't get the damn face off the gauge to save my life. It is really on there. Or I would give an update
by BaristaBob
48 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 263
Views: 19976

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

That's on the shorter end of the timeline. What color did you order, and from who? Congrats!!!
by Nwin23
55 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 20

What do I gain/lose switching from a Robot to a Ponte Vecchio Export?

Have been using a robot for years and I love its simplicity. Nearly zero maintenance, easy to adjust the shot in the fly, it's been great. I make my wife an americano and myself a shot during the weekdays and life is good. Usually 18g in/36g out with medium/dark roast, but I picked up some Saka beans and have been