Recent posts

by ShotClock
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 56
Views: 2070

ACS waiting times

Matt - I sent the same address to DHL. I just checked and they said that they have all of the required information. Apparently, we're just waiting 3-5 days for customs to "do their thing"
by JRising
less than a minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 8

Lelit Bianca, low pressure at grouphead

Is there a reason for not adjusting the grinder? If you want the Bianca to brew good espresso, adjust the grinder to make up for the aging of the beans and the exposure to the current humidity. Adjust the grinder every 5 or so extractions based on your opinion of the previous three or four. If the
Advertisement
by jramey0406
2 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 4
Views: 46

Drum roast profile on a fluid bed

Jim, a profile I have used and liked came from a member of Home roasters forum. It is a 2-step temp profile. I used 325f and then a minute 4, 510f. It gives a fairly straight bean temp curve but tends to dip in the middle before the second stage. I also am getting some scorching
by Ben N
4 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 100

Afdichten (Sealing) boiler

You can order PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) (AKA teflon) sheet. You can cut it to size, it should work well
by jramey0406
6 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 46

Drum roast profile on a fluid bed

I'd like to try the second one and see. On my Fluid bed, my inlet will probably be 60F to 100F higher than the exhaust temp. So hopefully it will translate
by Ben N
7 minutes ago
Replies: 12
Views: 278

Rio Lisa Junior

I was able to improve my steaming success on small volumes by plugging 2 of the steam holes and opening the steam valve more. This is probably just a crutch for my lack of skill
by mkane
13 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 131

Filtered coffee looks greasy oily

Thats a black coffee
by gscace
35 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 37

La Marzocco Swan

Well it seems that I have the first La Marzocco Swan grinder in the USA. IMO the Swan is an important advancement in espresso grinders, addressing key grinding issues with very smart engineering solutions. Grinds retention issues due to static charge are solved by passing ground coffee through an electric field that eliminates static charge, called an ion ring by
by spike
35 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 3
Views: 452

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

I realize this is a few months old but a) I'm wondering if there is any new information, and b) this unit has a boiler for coffee and a thermoblock for steam only according the Quickmill site, wondering if anyone has tried it
by MNate
38 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 9
Views: 350

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

I use it about half the time as well (Adaptive the other half) with medium roast from a Weber Key. So despite what it's "designed for" sometimes it's the better recipe for me. I play with temp only a little. I was surprised it is set so low too. While not super hard to play with some