Recent posts

by Primacog
9 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 7
Views: 181

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

IMHO there's no need to spend speedster and strata type of money to get what u want. I have a Nurri L type SA spring Lever machine that has a 3 channel PID that is able to set and regulate the temperature of the grouphead vs the brew boiler vs the steam boiler (its a. Double boiler) independently. It heats
by ShotClock
10 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 60
Views: 2107

ACS waiting times

Another update from DHL - apparently there is not a sufficiently good record of the name and address of the manufacturer, and this is being requested from the Italian end. Hopefully when this is completed, the shipment will be released. So near and yet so far!
Advertisement
by gscace
12 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 2
Views: 95

La Marzocco Swan

Dosing adjustability of the outer burr is in steps of 0.1 revolutions, so the weight equivalent least count in dosing is 0.123 gms (20 gms / 16.25 rotations) and positional accuracy of the burr at that value depends on the resolution of the encoder. If the encoder is only 100 steps per revolution, than the positional accuracy of
by mgrayson
20 minutes ago

ACS waiting times

Thank you. I feel better!
by pschueller
45 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 0
Views: 17

Reusing water

I am trying third wave water for the first time. Can I save any excess water from my kettle or should I discard it?
by DaveC
1 hour ago

ACS waiting times

Looks really good, love the coffee bar layout...so neat as well
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5
Views: 72

Drum roast profile on a fluid bed

Ramp/soak PID controllers are fairly inexpensive now, and using them on inlet temperature is a lot more robust in control terms than on bean (outlet) temperature, due to the faster feedback. The ramp/soak allows you to program separate ramp up and straight line times. You can also use several segments of faster, then slower ramp up rates, if you want;
by TRH629
1 hour ago
Replies: 9
Views: 299

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I bought a manual Reg Barber tamper 20 plus years ago. I still use it and haven't felt the need to change to any self leveling design etc. It's kind of like being able to use a waiters cork to open a bottle of wine. It doesn't take much practice to learn to use one and once you do
by Mike-R
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 41
Views: 1156

Latte Art Diagnosis

Your technique and results are getting a lot better. It looks like you initially pulled the pitcher back as a good pace, but after you passed the halfway point you slowed down causing the pattern to get a bit squashed and leaving a lot of empty space at the top of the cup. Next time don't slow down
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Replies: 5
Views: 482

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Edit: The suggestion to reach out to Chris' Coffee only makes sense if you are in the US. I would reach out to Chris' Coffee if you are genuinely interested. I believe they are the presumptive importers if either were to be brought into the US. The discussions I've had with them over the years have seemed reasonably