Recent Posts

by mkane, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 27 Views: 1591

DRIP Coffee: Baratza Virtuoso vs Niche Zero?

Watching this thread. We have a Virtuoso and HG-1. Sold the NZ. My wife likes immersion, I do PO. I haven't used Virtuoso for PO yet. In the morning.
by GDM528, 3 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 219 Views: 7139

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

I've found Sweet Marias to have useful introductory content, like: {link} My physics-y explanation is air roasting uses convective heat transfer, whereas a drum roaster uses conductive and radiative heat transfer. Kinda like the difference between cooking chicken wings in a hot air 'fryer' versus on a hot skillet.
by stanleyleecm, 7 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 51

Loud buzzing noise Quickmill Vetrano DE

Similar issue and found out it is the pump inlet screen blockage. "Quick Mill V2B loud pump"
by Giampiero, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 51

Loud buzzing noise Quickmill Vetrano DE

Do you properly turn the water supply mode valve once you swap from "reservoir" to "flowjet water supply" and revers? Maybe the internal inline water filter installed before the pump need to be replaced?
by baldheadracing, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 44 Views: 2485

Best brew grinder in 2021?

I'd say it depends on: the grind setting (coarser is faster); the rpm (higher is faster, but produces more fines); whether one is using the spring auger or the funnel (spring auger is faster); and whether grinding clockwise or counter-clockwise (clockwise is marginally faster due to the slant of the feeder teeth of the burr). I'm typically grinding 5, 6,...
by mkane, 29 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 27

ARC 800 Roaster

Do you have a flapper in the ducts to shut the cold out while not in use?
by Acavia, 37 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 130 Views: 12992

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Would this apply to small increment? I have a KR804 with Lab Sweet burrs. I single dose grind for pourover, usually between 5 and 6.5, and sometimes might go from 6 to 5 from one day to the next. After a grind while it is running, I often turn finer so as to grind any partial bean that might be...
by okmed, 42 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 27

ARC 800 Roaster

Since there hasn't been much mentioned about the ARC 800 Roaster, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my roaster relocated to my basement. I've had the roaster since August but had it temporarily in the shed out back. I had hoped that I could make it work, but dealing with the cold proved to be too...
by Nwin23, 48 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 177 Views: 42341

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

Is everyone aware that apparently there are two zero retention grinders coming out? The mignon Oro and the mignon zero. It's my understanding the mignon Oro is similar to the XL with 65mm burrs whereas the Zero is similar to the Specialita minus the screen, thought it has a portafilter holder similar to the DF 64. From some other reviews...
by DamianWarS, Today, 7:44 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 4105

The Picopresso

I agree with the "stupid weight" but it depends on your motivation to drop weight/conserve space. In the case of backpacking I think the travel case is a waste of weight/space to begin with, just wrap it all in a towel. With general travel restrictions like luggage on a plane I don't see travel grinders (even the heavier ones) an...