Recent Posts

by BodieZoffa, 14 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5 Views: 43

Why Espresso cups on top of the espresso machine ?

I've never done that with any machine as I don't need a very warm cup and won't take the chance of causing unnecessary scratches. I've also seen cases where the user put wet cups back on the top leading to moisture making its way into the electrical side of things
by JohnB., 23 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

Some of us like to leave the cups at room temp so that they do draw down the shot temp quicker. Even with a room temp cup it will still be a minute or two before the shot is cool enough to drink
by semzor, 33 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 7

Deep double sprout portafilter

Hello to everyone. I am looking for E61 portafilter with double sprouts. It should fit a 22gr vst ridgeless basket (height 28mm). I have looked various sites but it is difficulty to judge from pics or even specs tbh. I've asked about the "PESADO SS LM-E61 Portafilter" to it's seller and they said it would fit a 28mm
by PIXIllate, 35 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 81

Help with water flow adjustment with Lelit (Bianca) FCD and paddle

After much experience with a flow control my opinion is you need a range of <0.5ml/sec - 7.5ml/sec. Maybe take the wooden handle off and notch it out so it clears the machine?
by tompoland, Today, 6:19 am in Tips and Techniques

I don't know that machine but probably. It's important to have the cups nice and warm so they don't suck the heat out of the espresso when it's poured. Once you wash the cups, just put them back on top of the machine and leave them there overnight until you make another espresso. {image}
by Sp0ke, Today, 6:14 am in Tips and Techniques

Currently owning a Lelit pl41 Plust , can i do it with my espresso machine? So i put the cups on top and when i'm starting my machine , till it's ready for the extraction , the cups should've been warmed up right and be ready for use ?
by bringyoutomyhell, Today, 6:13 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 81

Help with water flow adjustment with Lelit (Bianca) FCD and paddle

You can ask Lelit about the two limits of the range. Profitec/ECM flow control can turn a lot (more than 360° actually) but it's cumbersome. It's true that the Lelit paddle doesn't give the full range, but you don't really need it, it was designed that way and it's a highly regarded machine. I would not change the paddle (also
by tompoland, Today, 5:56 am in Tips and Techniques

Mostly to keep them warm. Many espresso machines use the heat from the boiler to keep the cups warm. It is also a convenient place to store the cups
by Sp0ke, Today, 5:49 am in Tips and Techniques

Hello. Why everyone on videos and images put their espresso cups on top of the espresso machine? Sorry i'm new to home barista hobby
by mathof, Today, 5:28 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 114

2 cups per day

In my experience, your tastes in espresso can change over time. A few years ago, I was committed to classic Italian espresso flavours, now I enjoy a wide range of origins and roast levels, from the lightest available to quite dark. I was fortune to have stumbled upon lever machines (a La Pavoni followed by a Londinium 1) which can