Recent Posts

by jbviau, less than a minute ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 185 Views: 9762

South Florida specialty coffee shops

I didn't know Cubico was back there! I'm in E. Pembroke Pines, so not far. Will be curious to read your thoughts on their coffee
by Tacit37, 3 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 105

Lean Hammer vs Crème Dolce by Dragonfly

Yes, the more I experience beans, the more I see myself leaning towards light roast for the subtle notes that can show up. I think you're right, for a milk drink, creme dolce is a bit washed out. Please update on what you think of the hammer
by ShotPull, 6 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 23 Views: 490

Popular Knock Box?

An update: The kids had their own ideas for Father's Day so I was on my own and bought this one from Amazon: {link} When I saw how small it was and how the bar was right in the center, I nearly returned it. I pictured the puck not having anywhere to go and grinds flying
by N6GQ, 13 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 36 Views: 354

Huky IR burner issue

Here's some pictures...on the gas nozzle, you need to inspect and clean the very tiny hole through the center. In my case I couldn't see anything but after cleaning and putting things back together it worked as it should, no more dancing flames. Pfew! {image} {image}
by Milligan, 14 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 262

Best home PID electric roaster?

Here is a good thread from someone that built a business on the Artisan 3E and then made the switch to drum. He gives some great insights about the differences. Long story short, his beans tasted the same after dialing in the drum roaster. "My "new" 5kg Turkish roaster has arrived" Why you see so many
by jgirl125, 18 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 1463

Stone-Espresso new Rocket side company targets "younger crowd"

A full video overview of the new Stone-Espresso machine. It also includes allot of the basics of making espresso and a great explanation of the inside workings of the machine. They mention a starting price of $1099. Not sure if that is Euro's or dollars. {video}
by chuckcoffee, 32 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 36 Views: 354

Huky IR burner issue

Any pictures to show the problem area?
by drH, 36 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 205

New espresso machine advice - maybe Olympia Cremina?

If you are comfortable servicing a machine and won't mind lubricating the piston and changing seals about once a year, the Cremina is amazing. I have one from 2020 and no regrets. But, if you are serving a large group you have to be aware of the water level and maybe pause to cool the machine and
by cafeIKE, 37 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 11 Views: 149

How about a Like button with emoji choices?

{image}
by LBIespresso, 47 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 205

New espresso machine advice - maybe Olympia Cremina?

My first choice would be a CT2 if you are looking for a manual lever. I have that and a Cremina and the Cremina is rarely used but I will never sell it as I love that thing. So you can't go wrong with either. The CT2 is easier and more consistent for me but if one's looks wins over