Recent posts

by Rasmussoe
17 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Izzo Alex duetto 3 - pressure valve, need help !

Hello, Lately my machine has been doing as shown on the video. Now the pressure seems to just slowly go up, and then suddently it goes nuts from there. I can depressurise it by turning the water steam on for a bit. But it will go to same state. Now i have had the valve up and descaled
by jeffreylam98
20 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 17
Views: 1001

Mazzer Philos Comments

May I know your retail version is it a special unit from your retail dealer ?
Advertisement
by Miltonedgebert
31 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 19
Views: 411

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

If the grinder lives somewhere where it can't be connected to the internet is there a way to manually update it with a usb/sd/laptop? My scenario is a job where the policy is "no personal devices on company WiFi". I'd rather not drag the machine back home just so it can update
by blondica73
56 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 71

La Marzocco Linea Mini brew boiler overheats the water

I removed the auto-fill probe and worked for a day. Then back watery steam. Any advice?
by bznelson91
1 hour ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1827
Views: 237420

Decent Espresso news

Posts like the above is why Decent is a great company. Just saying. Brad
by Jake_G
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 393

Downgrading from Slayer. Options sought.

You need to find a way to make it to a showroom and try the LM machines. The old no burn wand on the GS/3 was truly terrible. The new pro-touch and cool-touch wands are in a class all by themselves. They are full-flow like the burn-me wands, but double layer, so the OD of the wand is quite large
by Chwecgn
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 44
Views: 2397

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

May I ask why you didn't just return it?
by Jake_G
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 22
Views: 964

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

A great deal. The reason for this is the amount of thermal offset between the boiler and the group. In an HX machine, you have 45-55 degrees of offset between the HX, which is at steam temperature, and the desired brew temperature. As was mentioned earlier in this topic, some manufacturers utilize a reatrictor in the thermosyphon tube(s) (usually
by Trjelenc
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6
Views: 106

Dry End time vs. Drying time

This sounds like a weird thing with your Artisan setup that some knowledgeable people here can help you sort out. It should mark at the time you mark it, no subtraction from turning point. Do you have it automatically mark charge (and reset the time to 0:00 at charge) when you put the beans in?
by Jake_G
2 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 40
Views: 1693

Understanding Brew Pressure, Flow, Valves, and "Slayer Shots"

This wouldn't work at all, since the brew boiler is saturated. Any time a boiler is completely full, the pressure in that boiler is no linked to temperature, since any thermal expansion at all will take you all the way up to the expansion valve pressure. In this case, a pressurestat would not heat the boiler beyond lukewarm. There