Recent posts

by rbh1515
3 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 1

What's your view when you make espresso.

{image} Here is my view in our new house on Lake Michigan!
by rbh1515
5 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 93

What's your view when you make espresso?

Maybe this thread can be deleted...don't see how to edit my post!
Advertisement
by yakster
18 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 30
Views: 898

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

I used to pack an immersion water heater coil and use it with my stainless steel travel mug / press (Impress/Presse) but even though they are small, they're not very robust, safe, or convenient
by lemmycaution217
19 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 56

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

Thanks for sharing your experience! The more I think about it - a pressure gauge added where the ""X" fitting that the expansion valve is mounted to would work best to get me to the preinfusion pressure I want and then I could turn off the pump and and let the spring take over once I get to first
by malling
20 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 24
Views: 843

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

Because I prefer what cast and similar do with them when doing milk based, they offer the sweetness and body and don't make them funky tasting like traditional burrs tend to, that is mainly an issue with those burrs because those simply can't extract very light roast well at all. I was very early on that style when we
by rbh1515
24 minutes ago
Views: 93

What's your view when you make espresso?

It was dark out! Crap, can't figure out why my pic didn't show?
by hankua
44 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 1

[FS] 500g LPG Gas Coffee Roaster $1600

{image} 500g LPG Yang-Chia Machine Works LTD 800n coffee roaster for sale. Originally purchased in 2011 before data-logging was a thing. It's a fun machine to roast on; quiet and can easily roast and cool at the same time. I think it's around a 2nd generation machine, they're up to the 4th or 5th generation maybe. It's totally manual, no
by ziggomatic
52 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 210

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

It's quite interesting I have noticed the past couple months trying out different burr sets require different temps to reach optimal balance/sweetness points with the same coffees. Therefore I guess there isn't really a temp that I should be targeting with this profile after all with these differences
by ziggomatic
59 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 141
Views: 10935

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

I finally got some good flavors from the Wush Wush Natural after about 4 weeks of resting, I did like it so i'm interested in ordering again in the future and hopefully will get the newer "fruitier" batch
by pumpkinscastle
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 24
Views: 843

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

Funny how I would have agreed with you just a while ago, but my taste preferences have changed completely. To me, the Ultra burrs are the only way for me to make certain (light roast and/or fruity) coffees useful with milk. When ground with bimodal conicals, they were always funky tasting as cappuccinos, but now I have access to these