Recent posts

by Dago52
12 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1613
Views: 161597

La Marzocco Linea Micra

{image} {image} {image} {image} {image} So, I was under the assumption that the delivery date from Tazmanian freight was delivery to my door. The delivery date is the date delivered to the local freight company. I was able to call them & change it from delivery to pick up to have the Micra for Easter weekend. After picking
by Jeff
15 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 59
Views: 2060

Meaningful upgrade from Lelit Bianca V3

Having spent quite a lot of time working with the Micra and several grinders across a range of roast levels, it seems clear that we have different opinions. My comments on the Micra at "La Marzocco Linea Micra Espresso Machine Review"
Advertisement
by JayBeck
25 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 59
Views: 2060

Meaningful upgrade from Lelit Bianca V3

What is your definition of contemporary espresso? I pull Manhattan filter roasts perfectly with Micra/Key. Easy peasy. Preinfusion beyond stock is not required not spro-over allonge nonsense
by ari-gato
43 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 7
Views: 82

Breville Dual Boiler

Awesome thanks
by jpender
48 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 31
Views: 372

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Thanks for that. FWIW, the Moka Express 3-cup is 2.1cm deep and 5.5cm diameter. To first approximation puck resistance goes up linearly with bed depth. And the higher the resistance the higher the water temperature must be to overcome that resistance, for a given flow rate
by ei8htohms
51 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 10
Views: 286

Espresso tourism in and around Beverly Hills

Next stop: Be Bright Coffee (on Melrose) This place is downright cheery. The service was exceedingly friendly and the espresso was delicious. The space is brightly lit and decorated and they even have a little play area for small children. Will perk you right up. {image} {image} {image} {link} They also
by AM91
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 5989

Troubleshooting Steam Wand - Breville Bambino Plus

Hi mate Did you have any luck fixing this issue? I'm in Australia as well and have an identical issue. Breville's service and support is really poor here in Victoria and I've previously sent this machine in for warranty about 10 months ago for a different issue. It took 10 weeks to fix the problem that time (a faulty
by RobertL
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 0
Views: 24

Decaf Typica wins 2024 US Brewers Cup

Interesting story I stumbled across and thought I would share here. {link}
by tinpanalley
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 31
Views: 372

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

3.75cm depth, 8cm diameter, and the funnel stem is 6.5 (1.5cm inside the hidden funnel portion)