Recent posts

by JohnB.
7 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 41

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

As are the seals on my Bosco. I contacted the tech department at Haynes a few years ago and asked about using the Lubri-Plus on rubber and silicone lever seals. They said it wasn't a good choice and suggested their silicone lube instead
by EddyQ
9 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 12
Views: 301

Got a new style Marzocco single basket - should I replace?

Well, several days after I placed the order for a VST 7gr basket La Marzocco emailed back saying they think they have found the basket I was looking for and provided me a tracking number! And so now I have three single shot baskets. The "new style" La Marzocco (only one available on their website
Advertisement
by GDM528
12 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 337
Views: 19244

IKAWA Home - profiles

Pizza / Bagel / Donut I suppose it's also kinda analogous to pulling a shot of espresso: just substitute air for the water and use the coarsest grind possible "Ikawa Home thermal performance" "Ikawa Home thermal performance" The photos and video are from a 100g machine, but that should sorta scale down to 50g.
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz
17 minutes ago
Replies: 45
Views: 1907

Hacea Coffee Impressions

I have had the first of them and enjoyed them. At that time, they had a big variety of great Guats. FWIW on the aging, they do seem to have some they are now trying to move along. I have had 4 20kg bags of this one. My customers love it. And
by Bigmac
31 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 20
Views: 1350

Lucca Atom 75 compared to a 64mm w/ SSP HU burr

Hi James, Thanks for your comments . If I read correctly you moved from the Mignon Specialita to this 75 yeah ? Do you notice difference in taste in the coffee? Or is it more so consistency in the grind size ? I'm also considering upgrading from the mignon specialita to maybe a Cheado e37s or
by drgary
39 minutes ago
Replies: 337
Views: 19244

IKAWA Home - profiles

The Gary who noted the need for a vortex for good circulation is GDM528, He's been doing amazing work characterizing the IKAWA Home and its temperature characteristics
by Jake_G
39 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 156

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Water expands when you heat it. If the water has no place to go, the pressure rises until something relieves that pressure
by Rasmussoe
52 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 21
Views: 216

Izzo Alex Duetto 3 - deep need of expert help

Thanks Dan, didn't think of it makes sense!
by IamOiman
52 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 21
Views: 577

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Boiler lid and studs The boiler hasn't been left alone, I've been working on it in the background. The first problem was getting the aluminum ring off that secures the lid to the boiler via 9 studs and nuts. The boiler gasket was slowly failing in the past, and as a result corrosion of the ring plugged all the
by salmotrutta
58 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 24

[FS] mahlkonig e65s/e80 tall hopper 1.2kg

Standard big hopper for e65s/e80 for sale $150 or trade for small hopper. {image}