... vs insecticide bellows many Mignon owners use. I don't know what's worse
by harris, 2 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 19 Views: 363

Shipping costs

Looks like Blue Bottle has free shipping this week, fyi
by GregoryJ, 5 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 777 Views: 75680

Weber Key Grinder

It was nice to see the grinder in action. A couple of strange comments (that I'll paraphrase): "It seems like they finished production and then realized popcorning was an issue, so they made a lid" They said they would include a lid early on "The adjustment ring is a little tight to turn, maybe that will change as
by DamianWarS, 6 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 211

Starting a pop-up cart with Breville Dual Boiler/Niche Zero

I'd be concerned with the longevity of the BDB on a coffee cart. it's made with a lot of plastic parts and overuse may result in a lot of heat stress on these parts causing them to warp. I'm also not quite sure how well it would perform in high-volume moments. if you got 10 lattes back to
by Bluenoser, 10 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 31

Bellows hopper hack (Urbanic)

Good info about the bellows.. I have just had the 070s Urbanic for about 2 weeks.. I find the retention inconsistent. I aligned the burrs and grind mostly for espresso. I find there is a bit of fine coffee that packs in the bottom of the chute area before it gets to the burrs. I've measured this to be about
by BaristaBob, 10 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 30

To Fix a BDB or Replace completely

It sounds like you are really done with the BDB. It's a shame you have had so many problem. My BDB is coming up on 6 years in June, with only the usual maintenance issues, and since I'm a DIY type, changing out o-rings, a solenoid, and a steam valve, maybe a pump in the near future...these replacements
by Sportwomble, 17 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 210

Lelit Elizabeth coffee puck sticking to shower screen after pulling shots

I can second the vote for pulycaf, not the lowest cost but the best for cleaning power, if you haven't been doing regular back flush with a blind filter then I would be even more convinced that this would be my first port of call to rectify the issue, as mentioned different grind size and different coffees have differing oil
by climb8000, 29 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 337

"End Game" hopper grinder

I think the Compak PKF is worth your attention. I was between the Compak PKF, Mahlkonig E80, and the Ceado E37K. I chose the Compak for its lower rpm and focus on extraction over volume applications. If you want conical burrs, the Ceado seems like a good move
by Marmot, 37 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 101 Views: 6357

The Picopresso

I also think using metal would make it very hard to get a hot extraction temperature, would burn your hands and be really heavy. I'm therefore happy they make it out of plastic. Plastic materials have evolved a lot and there are many materials with superior properties. I don't know what kind of plastic they use for the Picopresso but
by CoffeeMac, 41 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 29 Views: 1597

Name A Super Memorable Coffee for You -2021

Same. Best, most unique espresso I've ever had. It better be at ~$5 / 18g shot for beans shipped to California!