Recent posts

by baldheadracing
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 12
Views: 319

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

The coffee still has to be packed for cold storage with the same measures and methods used for freezing coffee. In addition, for typical refrigerators, the coffee packaging should benefit from insulating layers (unless you open the fridge door as rarely as you open a chest freezer). One easy way to do this is double-bagging the packaged coffee in a
by bznelson91
6 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0
Views: 4

If I wanted to try traditional(ish) espresso...

...which of the grinders on my bench would likely yield the best results? I have: * Lagom P64 with Mizen Omni burrs (still being seasoned) * DF64 Gen 2 with stock stainless steel burrs * 1Zpresso K-Max * 1Zpresso J-Ultra * Kingrinder K2 I'll be using a Decent DE1PRO. I have filter baskets ranging from 18g
Advertisement
by PPapa
13 minutes ago
Replies: 437
Views: 43270

The Londinium R24

So I've pulled the group sleeve and the old seals were looking a bit tired - some flaking, flattened and a bit stiff. The group sleeve extractor tool is highly recommended - I tried to pull the sleeve before and it felt near impossible. With the tool, I could rotate the spanner with a single finger! {image}
by lassepavoni
20 minutes ago
Replies: 12
Views: 319

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

I will give it a try. It's about time to get the roaster out of hibernation anytime soon. Still have two unopened bags that my brother gifted to me and might just as well store them in the fridge
by Beobu
25 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 60

Brasilia Club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Sorry Jake, I don't think so. That brass fitting is just connecting with a nomal brass pipe from pump. The reason I like this machine is all pipe made by brass
by DigitalDoppio
52 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 229

Breville Dual Boiler - Hissing + Maintenance

Will do! Unfortunately, the system arrived with dents/scratches from where they took the top off. I've reached out to them, not sure what they are going to do about it. It sucks because I have very carefully taken care of that system - it is the centerpiece of my coffee bar
by jdrobison
1 hour ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4
Views: 63

Dallas/Ft. Worth area recommendations?

I haven't visited yet but have my eyes on both Merit and Smitten, in Highland Park area. Any recs for either?
by vebjorn96
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 84
Views: 10749

Option-O 98mm Mizen Burrs - User Experience

How do the 98/102 Mizen perform for medium roast on espresso? Personally I like modern light roasts but my wife likes medium roasts and milk based drinks. I'm on the search for my end game grinder. I thought I was decided on the EG-1 but after reading this thread it looks like the Mizen on Lagom 01
by erik82
1 hour ago
Replies: 2572
Views: 324375

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

And what was the burr issue? If these are 10micron thicker and not seasoned than your at the exact same setting as with the other burrs. Numbers on a grinder have no value when comparing these to others as you're dealing with manufacturing tolerances and seasoning. You only said you where grinding at 0.3 but not where chirp was as
by coldcoffee
1 hour ago
Replies: 2572
Views: 324375

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Turned out to be a burr issue. Swapped out for new HUs and working very nicely. Pulling in shots at around 2.5 from chirp so have almost a 20 point range to dial in shots. That's what I was expecting