Recent posts

by Milligan
4 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 15
Views: 310

Help with spritzers- puck prep

How new is the grinder? 078s hasnt been out too long so if it is newer then it may still need some seasoning. Typically the signs of a youthful burr are inconsistent shots and some spurts
by drgary
8 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 9
Views: 309

Yoshan DY-1 tipping

For your second profile, the charge temp seems right but you seem to be doing a long soak instead of powering up right away. Also if the damper's partly open you're still slowing things down. If you're not driving in enough heat early you may be pushing the roast later. My roaster is probably an earlier version by the
Advertisement
by zazenmaster
14 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 1

Rancilio Silvia - Green bits in the steam wand

Hello all; My Rancilio Silvia V1 wasn't steaming very well, so I took off the steam nozzle to clean it and found two small (head of a pin sized or a bit bigger) pieces of light green material inside. Under magnification It looks smooth and uniform so I'm guessing it's man-made and not some exotic form of scale
by Indica
32 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1971
Views: 330400

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Now this is the kind of content that is truly inspirational. Dave, I've sent an email
by yakster
33 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 19
Views: 402

Any alternative to Behmor?

True, but the alternatives that can roast a full pound have so much better control over the roast with telemetry that it ends up being a worthwhile upgrade for most
by another_jim
35 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 52
Views: 3031

Mazzer Philos Comments

The video in the last entry shows how the grind adjustment works. There is a lock at the zero marking (as well as the 145 marking), so it is impossible to make more than one turn on the adjustment wheel. I removed the collar to check for the chirp, and it was approximately at -3. After I changed
by robotuser
38 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 31
Views: 2403

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

Do DF64v's have this problem?
by Jake_G
39 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 84

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Are you sure about that? Looking closely at the plumbing, it looks to me like you have a line pressure inlet fitting at the front of the drip tray surround that feeds a manifold that wraps around the back side of the frame to feed the groups and the valve with a lever on it. Given the other valve
by rmongiovi
48 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 53
Views: 2978

Fellow Aiden anyone?

And the same could be said of a pourover cone for a lot less money
by GFride
56 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 11
Views: 513