Recent Posts

by DCoffee, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1720 Views: 206343

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Appreciate the quick thoughts. I had to move reasonably fast. There were 2 on cafune.ca with the burrs I was after. Silver and a Black. The Silver sold today, so I just snagged the remaining Black one a couple minutes ago. Given that these things do not sit around very long I assume it is newer stock that I
by Rice Bowl, 13 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 91

First espresso machine - high end single boiler or low end double?

Flow control really isn't that fussy at all. I haven't used an Elizabeth, but there's no need to use the paddle at first - the MaraX seems perfectly capable of pulling straight nine bar shots while you continue gaining experience pulling espresso at home. The idea of getting Lelit's flow control kit for free seems like a no-brainer bargain if
by martinlhoff, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 8 Views: 148

Niche Zero not pushing out ground coffee

Here's a video. {video} With a small tool i managed to get the blade / sweep out. But the rod is offset from the center vs the casing, so it won't go back in
by sambuist, 24 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 12 Views: 255

Bullet Roast Along-Brazil: Lagender or etc

I'm Interested to see how this tastes as I use a much higher initial charge temp (260 for 454g) and lower power and fan as I have plenty of momentum to try and get ride of. Mine is not the "better way" but I think it gives more "brightness" in the cup and with a high quality Brazil
by Rice Bowl, 31 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1106 Views: 133073

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

SSP MP v2s are very good for filter. So far after having both side-by-side for around two months, I still overall prefer the MP v2 Ode to my MC4 strictly in side-by-side tasting
by N6GQ, 35 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 64

Plumbing in, issue with pressure regulator

I think I'm probably not understanding things very well. It seems my max pressure at the second gauge is about 50PSI unless the downstream valve is shut. I have it now connected to the LR. When the adjustment knob is all the way tightened as far as it will go gets me that 50 PSI, if I back it off
by versusqc, 41 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 702 Views: 68318

Weber Key Grinder

I've seen people knock the lid a few time to get those pesky beans to fall in the funnel
by Kran, 44 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1106 Views: 133073

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

I dig it! For me, I'd probably powder coat the top piece black and then the Ode face plate red. Fellow sells that piece for like $10
by Jasper_8137, 59 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 250

Olympia Cremina SL Chrome Flaking Issue

I have no flaking on my club or cremina, both of which are quite old. I think you got two groups of the same production run
by pcofftenyo, Today, 6:59 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 12 Views: 255

Bullet Roast Along-Brazil: Lagender or etc

Thanks. Here's something from 1/15. Lower early heat than 1/12, less max heat. Need to work on the end next as I've got a pre 1C hump and a little too much momentum. Good news is that the higher fan throughout the roast plus the heat changes result in a much better bean smell after 24