Recent posts

by sovietchimp
5 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 8

ECM Synchronika Brew Switch Getting Stuck

Thanks! The button does have a slight scrunchy noise to it, think this should definitely fix it. I have a big tube of dow 111 but know you shouldn't use that for metal-to-metal surface points. I like doing things up to standards so I'll go ahead and pick up some Haynes Lubrifilm
by mkane
10 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5
Views: 124

Underdeveloped coffee

Im not a pro heres my grain of salt reply. Theres a couple of places during the roast R0R has stalled
Advertisement
by bgn
18 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 18

Bought a Nurri

Had an Argos. Sold it after a week. Surprised to see Nurris on a %15 off sale at a Canadian retailer and decided to pull the trigger on it. Eight week wait. Looking forward to using all the features it has and will have lots to learn
by EddyQ
19 minutes ago
Replies: 11
Views: 162

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

I found predominately across the web that Dow 111 being recommended for espresso machine orings and seals. It is everywhere! And I suspect it is there for good reason because it has worked for many decades on these machines. Plus, it has higher food safety certifications than alternatives. Furthermore, it apparently is working for most who
by Nunas
26 minutes ago

I had the same thing happen with my Synk. I applied a bit of Haynes Lubrifilm and the problem went away. You don't need much, just a tiny smear. A similar problem I had was a little squeak, which I thought was coming from the group. After lubing the group, the squeak was still there. It was the end of
by jpender
50 minutes ago
Replies: 11
Views: 162

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

That's very interesting Eddy. So why did my Cafelat Robot come with a little package of Molykote 111 instead of a food grade PFPE grease? Is the incompatibility simply not that important for a seal in a lever machine? Or would switching greases noticeably extend the life of the seal?
by sovietchimp
55 minutes ago

Hello everyone, I've been having an issue recently where the brew switch (activated by the brew lever cam) is getting jammed in the on position. I'm not sure exactly whats going on as I've never been able to recreate it. However, when it does happen its pretty easy to undo, usually I just need to lift the
by jramey0406
57 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Views: 38

[FS] Gaggia Classic Evo Pro - Navy, white oak features

$399. Will ship. {image} {image} {image}
by MichaeSE
1 hour ago
Views: 10

Sage Oracle Touch leak, maybe from hot water hose?

Hi I have an Sage Oracle Touch which has started leaking at the bottom left. After reading and watching videos, I thought it was o-rings from the boiler, but after opening up everything looks fine, except for this hose on the photo. It is sticky and wet on the outside, and I can't see any steam or anything coming
by roopaksuri
1 hour ago
Replies: 108
Views: 12833

Kees van der Westen Spiritello one-group lever

I'm actually considering between Leva X1 and Strada X1. Spiritello does not seem that much value for 60% extra price of Leva X1. Even when your budget is 10000$+, 60% more is a big ask. Leva X1 has been there for long time now and has excellent service from La Marzocco distributor in Taiwan