Recent posts

by mrgnomer
8 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 112

Turin/MiiCoffee DF54 Burr Binding Problem?

Adjusting the grinder while it is running avoids going too far compressing grinds still sticking to the burrs and stalling the motor. Your grinder dial may not be calibrated to a burr chirping zero point. With clean, running burrs you should be able to readjust your dial to zero at the chirp
by IamOiman
28 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 133

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Actually, yea that would make much more sense, where the water inlet supplies water to both the boiler and to the hydraulic circuit and the extra fitting on the side is the drain. This is how my Cosmo hydraulic is plumbed too. I was thinking the tube going into the boiler at the 3-way valve was always open and forgot
Advertisement
by Mr Faineant
46 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 65

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

Yeah ok, I understand. I've been playing with it a bit, and don't really see the utility in it. For now I have it set such that with no portafilter in place I get 250mL out of it in 25 seconds. This is a recommendation I read on Clive coffee, and it seems reasonable. The pressure reading from the manometer
by Ad-85
55 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 2
Views: 106

BWT BestProtect extracts salty shots!

It works Here's how I do it. 1 bottle of lotus (filled with my bestmax filter which has 22 gh and 28 kh) Each drop to this bottle gives 0.46 ppm hardness 48 drops (divided between magnesium and calcium) 2 drops to 31ml sample = 20-23 ppm hardness I need to experiment more
by SalV87
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 484

Londinium Vectis use cases

You can clearly see it leaking above the oat milk from the copper piping during the beginning cutaway
by malling
2 hours ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 55
Views: 3049

Fellow Aiden anyone?

It's rather big advantage that it bloom for as much as you like, for as long as you like... It's the same with an espresso machine that can profile over one that isn't able to. Moccamaster only works with a rather fixed volume that isn't particularly precise, and the way it works means it is very restricted on grind
by Brent1975
2 hours ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 8

2019 Gaggia Classic Pro, Indicator Light Issue

I recently purchased (in New Zealand) a second hand GCP for my sister, it was very cheap but not without problems! Someone had stripped the screw holding the shower screen in place, which in the end was relatively simple to remove. The main issue though is that the ON OFF indicator light only partially worked when I received
by jasiano
2 hours ago
Replies: 280
Views: 26932

The new DF83v

I have not personally had previous experience with df64coffee.com but I do know someone who has ordered 7 or 8 griddners from them previously (as well as burrs) and have not had issues (ie they always fulfil orders, and I'm told they do a good job aligning them as they are NOT pre-aligned from the factory). I believe they
by PPapa
3 hours ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 54
Views: 3148

Mazzer Philos Comments

What does hyperaligned mean and how is it measured? Does this concern machining tolerances or mounted burr runout measured by deflection gauge? I am quite confused by the idea that only small, boutique manufacturers can produce well aligned grinders. Perhaps big manufacturers haven't focused on it, but I'd bet that they're the ones that can scale up production
by Coffeebeanzzz
3 hours ago
Replies: 3
Views: 186

Sculptor 078 & Ode SSP - keep both?

I agree, I have both out side by side on the bench right now and I struggle to find a reason to use the ode over the 078