Recent posts

by baldheadracing
1 minute ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 4
Views: 458

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Neither machine seems to have been imported into North America so there isn't much discussion. There seems to be more information on European boards like kaffee-netz.de
by Jaygo1
2 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 400

What do I gain/lose switching from a Robot to a Ponte Vecchio Export?

I love the Robot for a travel machine, I've created a pelican case that houses all you need including an Option O Mini grinder. It's hard to beat for that!
Advertisement
by BaristaBoy E61
3 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 7
Views: 232

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Right now i'm using a Mahlgut Palm Tamper & Dozer that I like very much. Next tamper will for sure be either a Puqpress or a Compak Cube. Both are electric. That's the BUZZ
by BaristaBoy E61
13 minutes ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2073

ACS waiting times

Gorgeous looking machine & set-up. Congrats & Enjoy!
by ShotClock
15 minutes ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2073

ACS waiting times

Matt - I sent the same address to DHL. I just checked and they said that they have all of the required information. Apparently, we're just waiting 3-5 days for customs to "do their thing"
by JRising
16 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 13

Lelit Bianca, low pressure at grouphead

Is there a reason for not adjusting the grinder? If you want the Bianca to brew good espresso, adjust the grinder to make up for the aging of the beans and the exposure to the current humidity. Adjust the grinder every 5 or so extractions based on your opinion of the previous three or four. If the
by jramey0406
17 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 53

Drum roast profile on a fluid bed

Jim, a profile I have used and liked came from a member of Home roasters forum. It is a 2-step temp profile. I used 325f and then a minute 4, 510f. It gives a fairly straight bean temp curve but tends to dip in the middle before the second stage. I also am getting some scorching
by Ben N
20 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 103

Afdichten (Sealing) boiler

You can order PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) (AKA teflon) sheet. You can cut it to size, it should work well
by jramey0406
22 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 53

Drum roast profile on a fluid bed

I'd like to try the second one and see. On my Fluid bed, my inlet will probably be 60F to 100F higher than the exhaust temp. So hopefully it will translate
by Ben N
23 minutes ago
Replies: 12
Views: 280

Rio Lisa Junior

I was able to improve my steaming success on small volumes by plugging 2 of the steam holes and opening the steam valve more. This is probably just a crutch for my lack of skill