Recent posts

by baldheadracing
4 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 38

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

- Chris Baca, on the Dialed Tamper #hks
by nemesiss45
15 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 70

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Well, I pulled the check valve and opened it up. Looked pretty clean, but I cleaned up the little bit of scale in it put a little molykote on the o rings and reassembled it. I wanted to see if it was leaking, so I installed it backward and only to the inlet side, the. Turned the water on. Not
Advertisement
by joshlee
15 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 454
Views: 47137

Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion

Yes
by Jaroslav
20 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 273
Views: 20587

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

He didn't get something different, base frame is black
by baldheadracing
25 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 3
Views: 115

The genetic history of modern coffee cultivars

A pretty reasonable summary article has been published at phys.org if you're like me and found the original article a bit of a slog with all the genetics terminology. {link} I think that this article better conveys what a potential breakthrough this research may be
by drgary
38 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 387

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

No Josh. This last unit was headed to a collector
by prahmanan
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 38

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I've only picked up this hobby about 5 years ago so maybe I'm missing something but who's buying $175 conventional tampers when you can get really good leveling tampers for under $50. Is it like driving a manual car? It's more enjoyable if you're good at tamping straight?
by estaro
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 21

How to use vintage faema President 1958

Please let me know if you know more. What are the two knobs on the water level gauge on the right used for? {image}
by nemesiss45
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 70

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Ok, I checked it out tonight... pulled the gauge, opened and inspected it. Super clean. And reassembled, setting the needle at 0 to start. The other gauge I had did not have a matching thread, so I skipped it for now... but I think this gauge is probably at least functioning correctly... so then I plumbed it back in and
by drgary
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 67

Iroast 2

OK. I searched the difference between the 40011 and the 40010 and found these links of detailed info. The iRoast 2 40010 has 2 selectable roast levels. The 40011 has several pre-programmed roast levels. Here are the links that will give you detailed specs. One makes you sign up or view ads to see it online. {link} Yes