Travel grinder

Same. The magnets are quite strong. Brad
by wendallsan
8 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 18
Views: 482

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Il Vecchio: I may certainly have done something wrong when replacing the piston gaskets, it is my first time at it of course. The 'sticking out ends' of the gaskets were seated facing 'outward', which I think allows the tiny holes on the piston to pressurize the hollow part of the gasket and 'inflate' it under pressure, increasing the
Advertisement
by TomC
9 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 56
Views: 3104

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I'm impressed by its heat retention and insulation. I got a good look at it at EXPO, but didn't hang around to try any brew on it. I also like the carafe design, it'll be very easy to clean. Plus it's feature set blows the Moccamaster out of the water
by tinpanalley
12 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 35
Views: 583

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Just wanted to add in here, I have gone and gotten a 6-cup because I happened to look and they were on sale. I have found that making my grind coarser has helped a lot even with the 6-cup to get closer to a reasonable extraction time. I'm on about a medium-fine grind, the basket is full, and it's
by eric needham
13 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 91

Rebuild brew pressure gauge?

You may be able to use some epoxy glue or something
by Beattle222
39 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 30

Help with installing PID on Faema Family

Not sure what an ohm meter is but I'll look into it. Those are factory wraps but I'll certainly replace them. Thanks
by eric needham
43 minutes ago

Sometimes you can remove the needle and put it where it would be zero, I would use a needle puller to make sure you don't bend the shaft. There are other techniques. Is the back off so you can see inside? The horseshoe shaped portion is used to adjust the calibration. Another option. It might help to see how it
by frankz42
44 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 14

2019 Gaggia Classic Pro, Indicator Light Issue

On my GCP I would run the brew switch after steaming to help cool the boiler back quicker and refill it. It staying hot and and blasting steam out is pretty normal If everything works but the light I would figure it to be a lamp issue. When you replace it you can look at the wires
by toadshade
59 minutes ago

So I just removed the dial and placed it at 0. The dial fell to the bottom which was in the 5-7 bar area. I think the gauge is toast unless there is something I can use to "stick" the dial to the post. I wonder if age has just expanded the plastic on the dial.
by baldheadracing
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 31

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

29 minutes long; - review of history for the first six minutes; - 12:23-14:00 for why cone burrs should/must wobble, a.k.a., was James Hoffmann wrong in his Key review? {video}April 1, 2011 announcement of the Pharos: "Pharos manual grinder by Orphan Espresso"