Recent Posts

by robfincher, less than a minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 44

Boiler and Coffee Cup Heaters on Monza 5010 not heating

Thanks for the info John. Somebody told me that the numbers 1 through 6 on the touchpad diagram in Chris' Coffee Service Owner's manual represent the numbers for the password. The password 23234 might be generic, or a factory reset - I'll know more when I get the machine working again with its new pump. Again, thanks for your interest
by jb-0101, 2 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 8 Views: 225

Burr "sharpness" / tooth angle / fallout

Just realised its "outfall" not "fallout" - can someone change the title? Thanks
by seinfeld11, 4 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 1

$1500ish budget for new or used semiautomatic

Looking for a nice home setup semi auto machine for brewing a couple shots each morning. Only must have is that it needs to have a water reservoir/can't be plumbed in. I've had super autos in the past but time to fully upgrade. Loved my old school lever machine but would like something easier. Got a Niche Zero grinder and
by jpender, 20 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 57

OE Lido 1 - Help!

It's just a jar. A particular size with a lid that has a certain threading. I bought a compatible jar for my LIDO 1 as a backup in case I broke the original. I don't have the details at hand and I'm traveling. But since you need to replace the lid too I think that gives you some leeway in
by ShotPull, 42 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 32 Views: 654

Popular Knock Box?

On mine you have to use the center of the basket because if you tried to use the neck, about 1/4 to 1/3 of the puck would be over the outer edge of the tub. I still don't know why I'm not having grinds fly all over my kitchen but so far (knock on ... well the knock box!!)
by ShotPull, 46 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 123 Views: 8106

Hacking the DF64 exit chute

Has this issue been fixed on the latest release of this grinder?
by iyayy, 58 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 123 Views: 8106

Hacking the DF64 exit chute

um.. is static worse with the chute? what about inclusive of nozzle and dome thingy? i used a modified clump crusher and dont rdt. it keeps my shots result consistent, only have small mess on dark roasts, barely any mess with med or lighter roasts. i tried without clump crusher and its ridiculously everywhere. am considering this since
by iyayy, Yesterday, 10:48 pm in Grinders
Replies: 416 Views: 33919

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

im on the opinion that these crushing burrs on the cv needs slight deburring and smoothening, hence the need for long break in. once done there will be less fines and more even grind particles, hence better cups without the bitter aftertaste. perhaps anyone who tested before and after break in can comment. i didnt do the 2kg coffee
by iyayy, Yesterday, 10:42 pm in Grinders
Replies: 11 Views: 762

Filter Grinder + 64mm SSP Burrs

hi, just adding personal opinion here. personally i think brew method matters for each burrs, with ssp being an anomaly. i have c2, 1z, arco, df64 stock, ssp mp, and ssp cv red. arco and stock italmill are same profile, call it espresso burr if u wish. 1z and ssp cv is another profile, mp as many
by Anatol, Yesterday, 10:31 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 156 Views: 12836

The Picopresso

Yes, the top surface of the IMS basket is even. In the meanwhile I got some 52mm inner diameter seal rings and that seems to fix my issue. Each ring is just 1.8mm thick, so I added 2 just to be sure, but apparently it pushed the basket up just enough to seal properly. These rings are just