Recent Posts

by henri, 22 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 42

Eureka Specialita vs Niche Zero vs upcoming Eureka single dose models

I have both a Mignon Silenzio and a Niche Zero (currently trying to decide which one to get rid of), so I'll share my 2c: I haven't used the portafilter fork on the Mignon for ages, as the funnel I use with my LM1 single basket won't fit. I simply grind into a demitasse and transfer the grounds to the...
by Jonk, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 28 Views: 1667

DRIP Coffee: Baratza Virtuoso vs Niche Zero?

So are you using the HG-1 for PO? Care to try a comparison with the Virtuoso? FWIW I've preferred Virtuoso for cupping, pour over and regular immersion - but by far prefer the Niche for espresso.
by Marmot, Today, 6:05 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 71

Olympia Cremina steam valve repair or replace?

You have to replace the thick black ring gasket at the front. It's usually difficult to get it out but the new gasket will be thicker and reach further out. The problem with those valves on olympia machines is that they are hand built and you often can't put a valve from another machine on yours. This proobably also explains...
by PIXIllate, Today, 5:52 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 120

Alternatives to BPlus shower screen

Just ordered one of the Bplus ones from Cafune in Canada. Agree that trying to save $20-30 is not worth it after how much money I've already poured into making this little drink. I'd rather be sure I'm getting a properly manufactured product. I do however have concerns I'm going to run into the same issue I had with the...
by trolker, Today, 5:30 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 23 Views: 510

PID on Olympia Cremina

I use a rancilio 1 hole tipo with good results but more pressure is better when you steam more milk{image}
by trolker, Today, 5:24 am in Lever Espresso Machines

PID on Olympia Cremina

WoW nice mod! Looks like the perfect one
by drgary, Today, 5:21 am in Lever Espresso Machines

PID on Olympia Cremina

Something not yet mentioned is that you can adjust your steaming technique to fit the machine. You don't need a one-hole tip or high pressure to texture milk into microfoam. You start by incorporating some air into the mix with the steam tip partially submerged and aligned with the side of the pitcher to create a swirling motion. When the...
by malling, Today, 5:07 am in Grinders
Replies: 179 Views: 42486

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

This is the Mignon Zero {image} This Is Mignon Oro SD {image} Both has the blow up system as can be seen, the difference in body is the fact that the normal grinding housing has been "bolted/weld" on a base with an "ramp" end, you can clearly see it's two pieces on the picture, so they just took a Mignon...
by ira, Today, 3:55 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 45 Views: 2575

Best brew grinder in 2021?

I've never gotten anywhere near 15 seconds on my apex grinding 26 grams of beans, more like 2 minutes or more. It's not that the grinder is slow, it's just that it's doesn't seem to feed that well. I don't have the spring, it came with the new feed ramp. Ira
by thechientlegiant, Today, 3:53 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 22

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temp & leaking a little

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first-time poster. I've had my Appartamento for over a year now and used it this morning to pull a shot. Decided to descale as well since it's about that time. Upon emptying the tank with steam pressure and putting dezcal in the reservoir, I realized something weird after coming back to the machine after 20...