Recent Posts

by braxtonjens, 3 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 8

2003 Elektra T1 intermittent pump problems

I'm not an expert on machines, so take this as you will. But I would say that the Gicar/ brain is having issues. Who did you purchase from? Any reputable seller will have good customer support and be able to get the correct parts ordered.
by sweaner, 18 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 1 Views: 26

New Jackrabbit Coffee Give-Away

I'm interested in trying Jackrabbit!
by kalo925, 24 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 39

Conti Empress group seals not wide enough

If this is the size you have, you could try the Brugnetti Gasket @ 72 x 56 x 9. The link above says 73.3 x 57.1 x 8mm though.
by Feca, 52 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 33 Views: 1866

Baratza refreshes the Vario lineup with Forte components and ability for user-alignment

Thank you, Pham. That confirms my impressions. I'm continually disappointed by the lack of innovation from the incumbent players...
by Jeff, 56 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 39

Conti Empress group seals not wide enough

No personal experience, but "Grouphead gasket for Conti Prestina" as well as the list at "Conti Empress Replacement Parts List" may help "Siebträgerdichtung Conti" is, I believe what we call a group gasket {link} A silicone gasket, such as those from Cafelat, seem to be a lot more forgiving that the classic, harder gaskets. There have also been suggestions of...
by Ken5, 56 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6 Views: 269

Making it easier...

Is there a way to slow it down? Does it behave the same way, timing wise when extracting as when you compare it to the hand grind? Curious as to the rpm comparison of the drill to a grinder. I will investigate after I close this. Just seems way too long and way too many rotations. I am not sure...
by Ken5, Today, 9:26 pm in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 33

'I don't like coffee. Can James Hoffmann change that?' [VIDEO]

I just watched this new video where James Hoffmann does a cupping with a gentleman that never liked coffee. I enjoyed watching it very much and learned a bit, though it would have been really nice to experience it rather than watch it. {video}Ken
by jackrabbitcoffee, Today, 9:26 pm in Marketplace
Replies: 1 Views: 26

New Jackrabbit Coffee Give-Away

Good Day Friends! To celebrate becoming a sponsor on Home Barista, Jackrabbit Coffee is giving away two free 1 pound bags of fresh-roasted coffee. This will be our Guatemala La Magnolia coffee. This is my favorite coffee that we have right now. Just reply to this post "I'm interested in trying Jacckrabbit", and I'll enter your name in the drawing....
by DamianWarS, Today, 9:14 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 310

Premium Lavella

The basket is pressurized, specifically it's double walled. I can just get a new basket of course but I was hoping for a bottomless. The way the PF is would make it difficult to cut the bottom off and may break the handle off. The dimmer mod is what I was hoping to do but I won't bother if I...
by tennisman03110, Today, 8:38 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 16 Views: 460

Newbie friendly pourover?

I've not used it, however the Staff XF is marketed as easy to use. It's essentially one pour, semi-imersion. More similar to Clever Dripper.