Recent posts

by Bigmac
5 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 20
Views: 1338

Lucca Atom 75 compared to a 64mm w/ SSP HU burr

Hi James, Thanks for your comments . If I read correctly you moved from the Mignon Specialita to this 75 yeah ? Do you notice difference in taste in the coffee? Or is it more so consistency in the grind size ? I'm also considering upgrading from the mignon specialita to maybe a Cheado e37s or
by drgary
13 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 336
Views: 19229

IKAWA Home - profiles

The Gary who noted the need for a vortex for good circulation is GDM528, He's been doing amazing work characterizing the IKAWA Home and its temperature characteristics
Advertisement
by Jake_G
13 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 148

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Water expands when you heat it. If the water has no place to go, the pressure rises until something relieves that pressure
by Rasmussoe
26 minutes ago
Replies: 21
Views: 209

Izzo Alex Duetto 3 - deep need of expert help

Thanks Dan, didn't think of it makes sense!
by IamOiman
26 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 21
Views: 570

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Boiler lid and studs The boiler hasn't been left alone, I've been working on it in the background. The first problem was getting the aluminum ring off that secures the lid to the boiler via 9 studs and nuts. The boiler gasket was slowly failing in the past, and as a result corrosion of the ring plugged all the
by salmotrutta
32 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 0

[FS] mahlkonig e65s/e80 tall hopper 1.2kg

Standard big hopper for e65s/e80 for sale $150 or trade for small hopper. {image}
by nemesiss45
35 minutes ago
Replies: 9
Views: 148

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Thanks for all the feedback. You are correct. The pump is not running until after the gauge has peaked. When I run it, the pressure snaps back to 9 bar. I adjusted the bypass on the pump as low as about 3 bar and as high as about 10. (This reminds my... i also have a mavea adjustable bypass filter
by LObin
37 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 32

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

Pretty sure that all seals on the Flair58 are made out of silicone
by Nunas
44 minutes ago

It depends on the composition of the seals. Although Haynes Lubri-Film Plus can't be used on natural rubber, it can be used to seal and lube metal, synthetic rubber and plastic parts. These days, Nitrile, Neoprene, Ethylene Propylene, Silicone, Fluorocarbon, and PTFE (IE Teflon) are used for most O-rings and seals in preference to natural rubber. I've used it on
by JohnB.
1 hour ago

Lubri Film Plus is a petroleum based lube and shouldn't be used on rubber parts