Recent Posts

by DamianWarS, 5 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 28 Views: 788

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

I have the the Vario (W model upgraded with Forte parts), DF64, Speciallita (55mm burrs), Ode and for a hand grinder I have the JMAX. I don't like the Speciallita because I find I need to grind near touch for espresso and it hasn't worked well for single dosing but you can mod it. I use the Ode
by ira, 6 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 330 Views: 11095

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

So basically you're saying, the only important thing is the height and penetration of the probe into the bean mass. I would assume the higher it is the closer it will be to the actual bean temperature as the air and beans will have had more chance to stabilize. How penetration factors is much less clear, though I notice the
by baldheadracing, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 199

Profitec T64

While changing direction is fairly straightforward if the windings/terminals are accessible, note on some grinders the sweepers around the burr are directional. (I do not know about the T64.) On those grinders, if the motor is reversed, then the sweepers will be aiming coffee grounds back into the burrs and/or away from the grinds exit chute, which could cause retention/re-grind
by Prima_A, 13 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 5

Crash after g2y (drying)

First let me start by saying that I am roasting in colder conditions in a garage with the garage cracked. I'm roasting on a Mill City 1kg. Here's my issue (and I've tried many different beans, and changed different variables at different roasts to see what the problem is, and I still get this crazy weird crash in my ROR
by cafeIKE, 39 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11 Views: 81

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

The OPV seal looks a little suspect and just it can be replaced if you can find one. If not, you might as well replace the OPV
by baldheadracing, 40 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 14 Views: 483

Brewing triple espressos, basket sizes and profiles

{video}(Yes, it's an April Fool's video)
by Goldfinger, 42 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 293 Views: 22203

The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans

{link}I was in town today and I came accross a newly opened Lavazza cafe/coffee shop. It looked too swanky for my liking (on Regent's Street of all places!) but I was too intrigued by such concept to just pass by it and not check out the little bags of coffee that I spotted displayed on a shelf at the far
by Marco4hand, 48 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 214

Streitman CT1/ NP pressure gauge kit adjustment

{image} I will copy and paste his reply (with his permission) here. He included a photo, I hope to add that as well 1. option - unscrew the gauge carefully (holding the base only) and remove the needle (see attached picture) - reset the needle at 0 bar, we can check roughly the accuracy with a bathroom
by warlock, 54 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 101

One green bean - 2 separate roasted products?

Ohh cool, I'll try to search the forum with the keyword
by another_jim, 55 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 29

Quest M3 contact

My impression is that she isn't all that communicative but has been ultra-reliable. Expect your replacement heaters to show up without fanfares, text messages, or google map progress reports