Recent Posts

by Biarritz, 21 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 619 Views: 78964

Lelit MaraX

I was hoping that somebody can help me with the Timer mod for the Lelit MaraX. {link} I have purchased all hardware and got the 0.96 Oled screen working with some examples. I have a lot of experience with a Raspberry Pi so this is my first Arduino project. The next step is to apply the
by flip, 27 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 35

La Marzocco Linea Mini plumbing specifications

I have mine plumbed in using a 4 meter 1/4" Polyethylene Tubing, no issues so far. I know other people also did this. I'm guessing maybe that spec comes from their commercial machines? I'm curious if there's another explanation
by PIXIllate, 27 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 22 Views: 1225

Wife demands better espresso machine

Any e61 machine should be given 45-60 minutes to come up to full, stable operating temperature. That's how I program my smart switch for my Profitec 600
by Gargamel40, Today, 2:00 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 23 Views: 540

Profitec Pro 600 Review from a Pro 500 Vet.

It's you, who should deal with it. Call your dealer or manufacturer and complain. No espresso machine manufacturer gives you this kind of information so what's your point? And no dealer will have 20 machines lined up and brew you different drinks on them so you can decide which one to buy. That's the way it is.
by Gargamel40, Today, 1:45 am in Buying Advice

Yeah i'm going to plug it in a smart switch. I checked many reviews and with Pro 600, heating time is closer to 30 min, some even say they pulled espresso with only 15 min heat up time and didn't taste a difference
by DejanM, Today, 1:40 am in Buying Advice

by bas, Today, 1:29 am in Grinders
Replies: 22 Views: 766

3 Burr Sets, 1 Grinder. Worth It?

I was only referring to 64 mm SSP HU vs 64 mm Gorilla. From what I can remember the 98 mm SSP is much different from the 64 mm HU regarding burr geometry and profile. Pls correct me if I am wrong as I have only personal with the 64 mm SSP Multi-Purpose set
by Pressino, Today, 1:15 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 143

For Andy Warhol Coffee Fans

$499.99?!@3%* A fool and his money are easily separated
by homeburrero, Today, 1:02 am in Water
Replies: 12 Views: 229

Water treatment - How to compare before/after

That's excellent. I assume it was one drop on a stretched sample, so you have very low total hardness and calcium hardness down in the single digits. Might want to try calculating again. When I do TDS=135 ppm, alkalinity = 116 ppm as CaCO3, calcium hardness = 8.9 ppm as CaCO3, temp = 120 C
by toots, Today, 1:02 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 40 Views: 2508

1962 Faema Urania Refurb

A big congratulations for the very nice restauration! Whaw you sure did a great effort in building up that machine to its former glory. In my early career (2000-2010) i used to work for faema. I never had a lever machine repair as they ran out of fashion. I did the full automatic machines x5, x3, x53 and ofcourse the