Recent posts

by Ben N
11 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 16
Views: 340

Help with spritzers- puck prep

I would make sure your tamper isn't bottoming prematurely giving you a false reading. It can happen since you are running in the bottom of the range for your basket. If you have a standard tamper give it a shot. Just push until you feel the coffee pushing back, if that fixes it you can decide where to go from
by Jonk
18 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 4
Views: 212

Sculptor 078 & Ode SSP - keep both?

078 is clearly better built and more enjoyable to use overall. As for the flavor profile I think it's quite different from MPv1. Sure, they're both good brew grinders so if you've got a cupping set up they'll both likely be on the clean side in their own ways and easily distinguishable from something that's not. In a
Advertisement
by Ben N
19 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 77

Rebuild brew pressure gauge?

The bezel may be crimped on. They can be kind of a pain to get off, you will want to go around the back side and lift the crimp gently all the way around with something like a screw driver, then it will slide off. Getting them back on requires re-crimping, you can do it with a set of pliers
by BAEvans
26 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 64

Linea Mini solenoid issue

Only distilled plus potassium bicarbonate. Machine has zero scale
by toadshade
27 minutes ago
Replies: 5
Views: 77

Rebuild brew pressure gauge?

{image} This is the gauge with its current position. Machine is off. I am still working on removing the face. Pretty stubborn
by hankbates
33 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 68

Help with Livia 90 Giemme R.L.3 SONDE repair

As opposed to the single circuit board Gicar RL30/4ess/f 120v, the Giemme R L 3 sonde has two boards connected by a ribbon cable, which might make repairs more difficult. One of my machines had a Giemme which just quit. I have a Gicar board in there now which is working, but I wonder if I
by cafeIKE
34 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 24

Help with installing PID on Faema Family

Without a schematic, use an ohm meter to suss out the wiring and make your own. Those tie wraps are TOO TIGHT around the wires. You run the risk of a meltdown and fire
by peacecup
37 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 48

What do I gain/lose switching from a Robot to a Ponte Vecchio Export?

16 g in 25-30g out is my normal shot. Steaming is very good at 1 bar where the temp is best for me. Even better at a little higher pressure Maintenance is almost nil but when you do need to change seals you need a piston removal tool. Then it is simple. All other maintenance
by cafeIKE
40 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 80

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

The sensor will be in the boiler to ensure it does not overheat. The boiler will reach temperature in a few minutes, but the group won't be at brew temperature for about 45 minutes. You can speed up group heating to about 15 minutes by placing a folded tea towel over the group. Repeated flushing is no faster
by IamOiman
57 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 171

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

It's essentially a large brew pot/moka pot. It draws water from the boiler to use as its brew water as it goes through the massive portafilter on top that then goes into a large glass container. You can dispense the brewed coffee with the little plunger on the bottom of the hotel group. I think the name is just a