Recent posts

by Beattle222
10 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 27

Help with installing PID on Faema Family

Not sure what an ohm meter is but I'll look into it. Those are factory wraps but I'll certainly replace them. Thanks
by eric needham
14 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 89

Rebuild brew pressure gauge?

Sometimes you can remove the needle and put it where it would be zero, I would use a needle puller to make sure you don't bend the shaft. There are other techniques. Is the back off so you can see inside? The horseshoe shaped portion is used to adjust the calibration. Another option. It might help to see how it
Advertisement
by frankz42
15 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 12

2019 Gaggia Classic Pro, Indicator Light Issue

On my GCP I would run the brew switch after steaming to help cool the boiler back quicker and refill it. It staying hot and and blasting steam out is pretty normal If everything works but the light I would figure it to be a lamp issue. When you replace it you can look at the wires
by toadshade
30 minutes ago

So I just removed the dial and placed it at 0. The dial fell to the bottom which was in the 5-7 bar area. I think the gauge is toast unless there is something I can use to "stick" the dial to the post. I wonder if age has just expanded the plastic on the dial.
by baldheadracing
33 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 19

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

29 minutes long; - review of history for the first six minutes; - 12:23-14:00 for why cone burrs should/must wobble, a.k.a., was James Hoffmann wrong in his Key review? {video}April 1, 2011 announcement of the Pharos: "Pharos manual grinder by Orphan Espresso"
by toadshade
34 minutes ago

Fantastic. That was it. Face is off. So if I remove the dial and reset it to 0 that might do the trick? My thought is that if the actual gauge is stuck at 7 bar, then would the reading be accurate once I moved the dial? Or is there enough play in the gauge
by jramey0406
42 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 174

What's your view when you make espresso.

{image} Still learning
by Nunas
43 minutes ago
Views: 98

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

I'm sure you'd have noticed, but it bears mentioning that sometimes the rubber seals can come away from an old valve and be stuck in the group. Likewise with the washers (O-rings). Perhaps this diagram would help (grasping at straws here) {link}
by Ben N
55 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 16
Views: 352

Help with spritzers- puck prep

I would make sure your tamper isn't bottoming prematurely giving you a false reading. It can happen since you are running in the bottom of the range for your basket. If you have a standard tamper give it a shot. Just push until you feel the coffee pushing back, if that fixes it you can decide where to go from
by Jonk
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 4
Views: 224

Sculptor 078 & Ode SSP - keep both?

078 is clearly better built and more enjoyable to use overall. As for the flavor profile I think it's quite different from MPv1. Sure, they're both good brew grinders so if you've got a cupping set up they'll both likely be on the clean side in their own ways and easily distinguishable from something that's not. In a